Proposal Specialist (Associate
Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 62,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon Clients.
Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human capital consulting and outsourcing solutions. The company partners with organizations to solve their most complex benefits, talent and related financial challenges, and improve business performance. Aon Hewitt designs, implements, communicates and administers a wide range of human capital, retirement, investment management, health care, compensation and talent management strategies. With more than 29,000 professionals in 90 countries, Aon Hewitt makes the world a better place to work for clients and their employees.
The Proposal Specialist's primary role is to drive the sales proposal and presentation development process through document and timeline/deliverable management, content sourcing and compilation, facilitation of tactical and strategic discussions between key stakeholders, and occasional writing and editing.
Additional, but equally important, duties involve maintenance and continuous improvement of proposal content, templates, tools, systems and processes.
(a) Proposal and Presentation Development:
*Ownership and management of all deliverables and timelines involved in the proposal/presentation process, typically including, but not limited to:
* Thorough analysis of tactical, technical and business requirements of RFQ, RFI, and RFP documents;
* Facilitation of and active contribution to ‘Bid/No Bid’ discussions;
* Facilitation of sales strategy discussions with consultants, subject matter experts, management team, and any other relevant stakeholders;
* Creating initial proposal structures/outlines consistent with client RFP requirements, business needs, and in accordance with determined sales strategy;
* Sourcing existing content to answer prospect questions;
* Identifying, assigning, managing and ensuring timely inputs from all relevant stakeholders and experts across the organization;
* Supporting subsequent proposal drafts by editing, writing, organizing and leading status update calls, and managing timelines and deliverables as required;
* Ensuring that the final versions of proposals and presentations are tailored and customized to facilitate successful sale outcomes.
(b) Continuous Improvement:
*Assisting with Key Performance Indicator tracking, measurement and analysis;
*Supporting ongoing efforts to develop, enhance and maintain library of standard RFP questions and answers;
*Assisting with ongoing development of enhanced proposal archives;
*Ensuring compliance with Aon Hewitt brand standards.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
*Post-secondary education (University degree in a relevant discipline preferred);
*1-2 years corporate experience ideally including:
* Process/project management, including establishing and ensuring adherence to timelines and milestones;
* Developing and maintaining strong relationships, as well as daily interaction with people across functional areas and seniority levels;
* B2B sales/business development operations, ideally in a professional and services and/or technology environment;
* Experience with content management systems, CRM tools, etc. is a plus.
*Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills;
*Experience with graphic design, visual layouts and similar is a plus;
*Excellent computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, and intermediate knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint; very well-developed document- and draft-management skills;
*Strong organizational and project management skills;
*Excellent attention to detail;
*Ability to work with multiple stakeholders toward a common objective;
*Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently;
*Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
*Adaptable to change and able to work flexible hours if required;
*High level of initiative and creativity;
*Must have a positive nature, can-do attitude and be a team player;
*Bilingual (English/French) an asset.
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development & apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risk, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at www.aon.com.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.