Broker - Financial Services Group (Toronto, Ontario - Canada)
Job ID 44421
Financial Services Group, Toronto,ON.
Financial Institutions Broker
As a Broker, you will negotiate with Underwriters for the best terms, conditions and competitive pricing for existing and new clients.
Distinctive Client Value:
* Collaborating with Account Executive to develop coverage strategy and marketing initiatives for renewal and prospective business
* Analyzing client specific risk exposure and details coverage requirements
* Preparing and presenting marketing proposals for renewals and new business
* Analyzing and comparing quotations and wordings to determine recommendation for insurance placement. As required, presentating to clients and prospects
* Negotiating, establishing, and maintaining strong relationships with the underwriting community for the ultimate benefit of the client
* Providing leadership, mentoring and direction to the Associate Broker and Broking Coordinator
* Approving documentation for new contracts, policy changes and renewals
* Ensuring maintenance of broking files
* Leading by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practice
* Performing other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
* 1-5 years of insurance broking experience is an asset
* Strong negotiation skills
* Technical focus on insurance contracts, wordings, coverage reviews
* Client relationship focused
* Ability to work collaboratively as a key member a team and independently with minimum supervision
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
* Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize under pressure of competing deadlines
* Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package
Education and Professional Development:
* Post Secondary Degree with Business / Finance Focus
* CFA designation or CFA Candidate would be an asset
* Work experience in a Financial Institution would be an asset
* Level 2 License is preferred
* Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses/certifications/designations
* Please visit https://careerscanada.aon.authoria.com/joblist.html and refer to Job ID 44421.
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development and apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
For more information about Aon, visit www.aon.com/careers