Canada Talent Acquisition Leader
About Aon Hewitt
Aon Hewitt empowers organizations and individuals to secure a better future through innovative talent, retirement and health solutions. We advise, design and execute a wide range of solutions that enable clients to cultivate talent to drive organizational and personal performance and growth, navigate retirement risk while providing new levels of financial security, and redefine health solutions for greater choice, affordability and wellness. Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human resource solutions, with over 30,000 professionals in 90 countries serving more than 20,000 clients worldwide. For more information on Aon Hewitt, please visit www.aonhewitt.com.
* Responsibility Areas
* Department and Business Partnership
* Manage the Recruitment team across Canada, providing leadership and coaching to ensure the team is continually developed and focused on client service excellence.
* Develop, drive and implement the Talent Acquisition strategy for Aon Canada, including recruitment, selection, and operations.
* Manage the recruitment process to ensure a positive experience for line managers,
* HR Business Partners and candidates and initiate improvements as necessary.
* Ensure Aon's recruitment policies, practices and tools are appropriate and are developed in line with the external market in order to promote the employer brand and ensure the acquisition of top talent.
* Business Effectiveness
* Develop and monitor the hiring plan for each of the businesses/locations, to ensure optimum resource utilization and performance against agreed SLAs.
* Increase the efficiency of the sourcing and selection process in close partnership with the business.
* Initiate, plan and implement projects to drive efficiency and effectiveness in the model.
* Develop and monitor the regular reporting of SLA performance and hiring activity/trend analysis to the businesses and leader and manager levels.
* Responsible for annual Canada recruitment budget and oversees all Canada recruiting program expenses.
* Deliver consistent, positive operational results with the best balance of investment and efficiency.
* Provide functional leadership to the team with a focus on improvement initiatives/strategic roll-outs.
* Manage and provide direction to the team by setting team goals and regularly measuring team performance.
* Evaluate alternate courses of action to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
* Act with integrity always and work every day in a way that positively impacts our clients, colleagues and communities.
* Change Agent
* Educates and influences leaders to adapt quickly to Talent Acquisition specific shifts in direction; considers impacts on business and partners with leaders on communication and execution of outcomes needed to adjust to new state.
* Provides thought leadership--related to strategic delivery and based on unique on the ground perspective--to segment or companywide teams preparing change management plans for major talent-related initiatives.
* Champions efforts to put in place new and consistent TA operating model
Formal Education & Certification Qualifications
* Bachelors degree HR Certification an asset
Knowledge & Experience
* 12+ years recruitment and HR experience and knowledge in Talent Acquisition; last few years should be in recruiting leadership role; previous other HR-area experience a plus
* Demonstrates ability to engage, consult, influence and partner with senior leaders in developing/executing TA strategies to drive business performance
* Proven experience in setting the direction, and overseeing development, and implementation of recruiting teams and recruitment practice
* Knowledge and experience of implementing best practice recruitment solutions to acquire best in class talent
* Capability to consult on application of Talent Acquisition policy and process as well as trends, themes, and solutions
* Demonstrates relationship management skills with business leaders
* Knowledge of applicable human resource laws
* Advanced verbal and written communication skills, especially with senior level leaders
* Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Knowledge and direct hands-on experience using automated HR/Recruitment systems is highly preferred
* Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Bilingual in English / French an asset
* Some travel may be required for the purpose of Client meeting, team reviews, offsite meetings, and training programs.
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Toronto, ON Canada