Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. We work on two of the most critical issues today: Risk and People. Through its more than 59,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. The firms that are changing our world are Aon Clients.
POSITION SUMMARY – Tax Manager – Aon Canada Inc
The Tax Manager will assist in the corporate income tax compliance and indirect tax (GST/HST, PST, premium taxes) functions in Canada. The Tax Manager will also assist in consulting projects, providing advice and guidance to the business units.
* Assist and support the tax group in managing the tax accounting and compliance function to ensure reporting deadlines are met.
* Contribute on special projects as required and directed by the tax team.
* Assist in providing internal tax training to the business units.
* Maintaining and keeping current the internal tax knowledge database.
* Preparing Federal and Provincial Income Tax Returns including Foreign Affiliate Reporting for all legal entities.
* Preparing GST/HST, PST and premium tax returns.
* Providing timely, practical advice to the business units.
* Developing a strong working relationship with the tax team and other staff.
* Assist in responding to audit queries and information requests from the CRA and provincial tax authorities.
Qualifications and Experience
* Strong Peoplesoft or similar Enterprise System skills.
* Advanced Excel skills (i.e. pivot tables and macros).
* Has the ability to work independently and contribute to team objectives.
* Experience in working in a SOX environment.
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to work to deadlines.
* At least 5-7-years of in-house tax accounting and compliance experience is preferred.
* Sound technical skills including a working knowledge of federal and provincial income tax and sales legislation and administrative practice.
* CGA, CMA, CA preferred.
* Familiarity with tax research tools and Tax Prep software.
* Strong analytical capabilities and problem solving skills.
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development and apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
For more information about Aon, visit www.aon.com/careers.