Recruiting Consultant Vancouver Area, Lower Mainland
HR Outsourcing Services
About Aon Hewitt
Aon Hewitt empowers organizations and individuals to secure a better future through innovative talent, retirement and health solutions. We advise, design and execute a wide range of solutions that enable clients to cultivate talent to drive organizational and personal performance and growth, navigate retirement risk while providing new levels of financial security, and redefine health solutions for greater choice, affordability and wellness. Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human resource solutions, with over 30,000 professionals in 90 countries serving more than 20,000 clients worldwide. For more information on Aon Hewitt, please visit www.aonhewitt.com.
The Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) Recruitment Consultant acts as the primary interface for the client with the talent market, and is the liaison between candidates and hiring managers. Partnering with his/her clients, the Recruiter gains a thorough understanding of the business forecast and staffing plans as well as the complexities and dynamics of the client's business. The Recruiter effectively qualifies prospective candidates for both existing and opportunistic positions while simultaneously educating clients regarding market conditions and trends. The Recruiter provides guidance to hiring managers to aid in the selection of the strongest candidate, negotiates offers and start dates, and ensures a smooth onboarding process for the new hires. The Recruiter coordinates efforts across the Operations, Sourcing and Recruitment Delivery teams to ensure "one face to the client". The Recruiter provides strategic support to the business by consulting on process, diversity, compliance, timeline and expectation setting. S/he may be responsible for fulfilling a full range of roles, from high volume, low complexity to low volume, high complexity and/or higher level roles. S/he may also be responsible for assisting and potentially overseeing the activities of one or more Recruiting colleagues.
Client and Candidate Management:
* Manage internal client relationships closely and provide guidance and insight in the presentation and selection of candidates. Educate clients on market conditions and trends.
* Build strong relationships with candidates (both internal and external), ensure optimal candidate experience, and positively represent client opportunities and employment brand. Provide regular updates to Hiring Managers regarding candidate status.
* Coordinate across Operations, Sourcing, and Recruitment Delivery teams to set and achieve client expectations of cost, time, and quality of hires.
* Adhere to client's RPO Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ensure compliance with legal requirements and labor laws.
* Demonstrate good judgment to determine when unique situations require exceptions to SOPs.
Plan for and Identify Open Positions:
* Work with business contacts to gather hiring demand forecast. Ensure appropriate internal approvals for open roles are managed. Communicate across RPO team as client needs develop and change.
* Conduct intake session with hiring manager and primary Sourcing team contact to understand the position requirements, set hiring manager expectations and gather input regarding sourcing approach.
* Collaborate with Sourcing team member to verify strategy for direct sourcing, internet, referral, campus, and agency channels.
* Ensure high quality candidates are sourced and submitted in a timely manner; keep hiring manager informed of sourcing progress.
Assess and Interview Candidates:
* Conduct screening interviews, in person and/or via telephone, of candidate pre-qualified by the Sourcing team. Provide feedback regarding candidate quality and sources to Sourcing team on ongoing basis.
* Lead and manage the candidate interview, offer and onboarding process with administrative support from Operations team.
* Bachelor's Degree or 5 years equivalent recruitment experience
* Fluency in English and regional languages preferred to interact with clients, candidates, and colleagues via email and phone.
* Minimum of 5 years work experience in recruitment activities or equivalent related education.
Knowledge & Experience:
* Hands-on experience recruiting highly complex or difficult roles
* Supervisory or other leadership experience preferred
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated professional presence
* Highly-tuned interpersonal skills
* Ability adapt to changing business priorities
* Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environment
* Keen attention to detail; natural curiosity about people and their backgrounds
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Technical aptitude in use of business software and applicant tracking systems
* Knowledge of and experience with recruiting practices, HR, candidate process management, behavioral interviewing skills, and other assessment techniques desired
*Experience recruiting for positions in the US is considered an asset
Note: This job description indicates the general nature and levels of work expected of the incumbents. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, responsibilities or competencies required of an incumbent. Incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Toronto, ON Canada