Associate (Retirement) - Winnipeg - Job ID 45033
Administrative Support Services
Aon plc (NYSE: AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 61,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. Aon has been named repeatedly as the world's best broker, best insurance intermediary, reinsurance intermediary, captives manager and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Visit www.aon.com for more information on Aon and www.aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon's global partnership and shirt sponsorship with Manchester United.
Aon Hewitt empowers organizations and individuals to secure a better future through innovative talent, retirement and health solutions. We advise, design and execute a wide range of solutions that enable clients to cultivate talent to drive organizational and personal performance and growth, navigate retirement risk while providing new levels of financial security, and redefine health solutions for greater choice, affordability and wellness. Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human resource solutions, with over 30,000 professionals in 90 countries serving more than 20,000 clients worldwide. For more information on Aon Hewitt, please visitwww.aonhewitt.com.
Administrative Operations Manager - Winnipeg - Job ID 45033
The Administrative Operations Manager is a vital role which focuses on the client and business needs, providing strong administrative support to our business; managing colleagues; and being able to respond quickly to different situations as they arise. Strong lines of communication and respect between the Administrative Operations Manager, business leaders and consultants, and support colleagues are key to successful management. The Administrative Operations Manager could be responsible for managing colleagues across practices and regional locations.
Distinctive Client Value:
The Administrative Operations Manager provides ongoing administrative support by performing complex/independent administrative duties for a practice/team including:
* Managing deliverables and team projects including partnering with consultants on ad hoc requests;
* Attending senior-level meetings (as necessary) and transcribe/post meeting notes;
* Handling confidential information;
* Monitoring/maintaining email (as requested); schedules meetings (provides effective calendar management); arranging travel;
* Maintaining, updating, and organizing categories and data within databases;
* Composing correspondence from rough notes or independent knowledge of circumstances; and
* Preparing complex documents in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
* responsible for people/performance management for all support colleagues which includes, but not limited to:
* Manage, develop and coach all support colleagues, including facilitating unit meetings, one/one coaching sessions, fostering team atmosphere, developing performance plans, delivering ongoing performance feedback, and managing compensation.
* Resource for balancing workloads, ensuring quality, and adherence to Aon Hewitt Identity guidelines
* Communicate team/market-specific goals and client/market changes as appropriate; facilitate communication between support team and consultants to meet/support organizational goals.
* Work with business leaders to assess staffing levels, ensure appropriate skill levels in place, and recruit, interview, and hire new support colleagues.
* Oversee function and manage colleagues in general office support such as reception, records, mail, duplicating, and equipment.
* Networks/shares information with other Administrative Operations Managers and attends quarterly Administrative Operations Manager’s meetings.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Strong customer service and quality/accuracy focus; interact professionally with firm leaders, clients, and vendors
* Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to adapt to different communication styles
* Excellent problem solving skills; able to respond to requests promptly and act proactively
* Attentive to details and strong follow-up skills
* Comfortable in fast-paced environment; self-directed and flexible
* Ability to maintain constructive working relationships with others
* Ability to engage team members in ways that promote teamwork
* Ability to focus on the situation, issue, or behavior when interacting with others
* Ability to create and implement positive change
* Ability to coach, mentor, and train others
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Strong knowledge of MS Office, Lotus Notes, and PeopleSoft or equivalent
* Strong writing/proofreading skills including grammar, punctuation, and spelling
* Excellent knowledge of Aon Hewitt Identity
Education and Professional Development
* Minimum of 4 to 6 years of prior administrative and/or management experience.
* High school diploma or equivalent
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote professional development and apply a disciplined, non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, and champion for change and replicate best practices.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.