The Regional Program Manager (“RPM”) will work with the PMO, regional and country stakeholders to manage the execution of cross-functional business and technology teams to deliver growth and efficiencies initiatives aligned Asia business strategy and plans. This will involve managing and or portfolio and project planning and governance, overseeing the end-to-end project and change lifecycle, resource management, and work with the business to ensure benefits delivery.
- Undertake portfolio planning with the PMO including initiative design and scoping, estimates, benefits analysis, alignment to business strategy / plans and project organisation design.
- Undertake financial modelling and develop business cases for approval by project sponsor and executive governance committee.
- Contribute to the development of Asia plans for input into Asia operations and technology roadmaps.
- Provide the business with domain expertise to shape and articulate business objectives, including assessing and aligning operating model design considerations to technology enablement and design.
- Ability to work with procurement and negotiation scope of work, terms and commercial arrangements when third party services are used.
- Govern program and project outcomes in line with agree scope, schedule, budget, quality and benefit outcomes.
- Manage the resolution of risks and issues impacting program delivery.
- Liaise with and report status of programs and projects to business sponsors and executive governance committee.
- Provide leadership, advice and coaching to resources work on program initiatives.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and development of Program Management Office methodologies, governance, planning, processes and controls.
- Manage the performance of all people project resources assigned. This includes delivery from external stakeholder such as vendors, IT and local business units.
- Ensure that IT design and solutions align to business objectives, requirements and outcomes.
- Manage all resource and expense related aspects of project within agreed parameters.
- Manage the development and execution of all change management aspects resulting from project implementation.
- Management multiple projects within portfolio concurrently.
- University degree, preferably in a finance or business-related discipline.
- Accreditation in a recognized project management methodology (PMBOK or Prince 2) is desirable but not mandatory.
- Minimum eight years’ experience in insurance industry with a focus on health industry.
- Proven track record in business project environment with recognized strategic thinking, financial modelling and analysis, planning and governance, executive level engagement and track record of strategic initiative execution.
- A strong leader that can form high performing teams, develop collaboration across a broad group of stakeholders is highly organized and goal-oriented.
- A demonstrated ability to think strategically and align tactical plans to business strategy.
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills with the ability to solve business problems.
- Deep understanding of project management and SDLC methodologies.
- Demonstrated financial acumen – financial modelling, business case development and determining P&L implications.
- The ability to communicate, influence and negotiate outcomes with executive level management.
- Great team builder and coach.
- Strong organisational awareness.
- Results driven and take accountability for results.
- Strong planning and governance management around the delivery of complex initiatives.