Global Benefits works with multinational companies that want to take an active role in managing their human capital, financial, and legal risk on a regional or global basis. We help those clients establish effective, compliant and competitive global benefits program. Historically, most multinationals operated with a decentralized management model. Over the last decade, there has been a trend in centralizing the management and decision-making at regional or corporate centers.
Our core service is the Global Brokerage model where we help international companies to improve corporate governance by ensuring insured benefit programs management are in line with global benefits philosophy; quantify global spending on insured benefits and ROI by levering Aon’s global network of brokers; increase the operational and cost efficiencies by centralizing global insured benefits management; and achieve economies of scale through utilizing financial vehicles such as multinational pooling.
In addition to our core Global Brokerage services, Global Benefits team can help our clients with other key benefits and HR issues globally such as, benefit audit & benchmarking; multinational pooling and captives; establishing benefit programs for companies opening for business in new countries; employee mobility, i.e. providing benefits to expatriates and third-country nationals; merger & acquisition due diligence and post integration; global wellness; global pension; global actuarial/define benefit financial accounting and defined contribution consulting; global governance; and Global Benefits Solution (GBS), an online portal through which employees can manage their benefits.
The Expatriate Centre of Excellence (Expat CoE) is focused on growing and developing the value proposition, capabilities, and offerings for Global Benefits in international private medical and risk insurances. It is the premier provider of innovative, experienced, value-driven management of globally mobile employee programs comprising in four centres around the world, staffed by 30 Aon employees, with $342M in expat premium under management, and a database of rates and benefit design of over 2,500 clients. The COE can help ensure i) compliance for clients in a space with significant risk exposure and ii) cost management for already high cost plans.
The Intern will be involved in providing support to our Global Benefits consultants in managing global/regional account and/or consulting and/or expatriate insurance deliverables mainly in the following activities:
- Analytics – collect and verify information, review and analyze data points received, and build the deliverable document including communicating with relevant stakeholders inside or outside Singapore
- Project management – initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and review account’s renewal including document relevant stages throughout the project cycle
The Intern may also be required to perform supporting tasks within Global Benefits team on relevant Business Development activities as directed by the hiring manager/supervisor.
During the time the Intern is working with Global Benefits, it is expected that the Intern will gain experience of understanding HR issues and specifically in relation to employee benefits program, and appreciating diversity in terms of employee benefits in different geography.
- Undergraduates graduating between December 2020 and June 2021 preferred
- Degree in any discipline, 2nd class honors or GPA 3.0 and above strongly preferred
- Strong interest in Human Resources and/or Benefits Consulting and/or Insurance (Broking) and/or Analytics and/or Project Management
- Confident working with multi-cultural team and in cross-border environment
- Meticulous and able to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team, fostering teamwork and cultivating relationships, as well as work independently or with minimal direction
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Critical and innovative thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Self-motivated, responsible, and able to work independently
- Adaptability – quick learner