Aon Internship Experience
Aon Internship Experience gives you hands-on working experience and is designed to give you an insight into our business, an understanding of our culture while developing critical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities at Aon. During your time here, you will be contributing to our business and taking on real responsibility. You will be supported by a ‘buddy’, a mentor to answer any questions you might have about your work and our business, and be provided the necessary technical knowledge and business skills during the internship
Our program runs from 11th May 2020 to 24th July 2020
To be a successful broker, one must possess the skills to help build and maintain relationships with clients and underwriters. Candidates must therefore possess an analytical mindset, be strong with numbers and enjoy interacting and negotiating with people which is fundamental on winning new accounts and protecting existing business. In this position you will have the opportunity to work with the various specialty broking teams and will gain experience in the following key areas;
You will be working within a specialty team to understand all the risks associated with their line of business, and then working with a team to negotiate an insurance deal. You will gain experience in the entire broking process from preparation of the insurance contract to negotiating terms with the underwriters.
You will be exposed to the process of understanding, measuring and managing the risks associated with our clients and their operations. Within a wide spectrum of risks and proposed solutions you will develop critical judgement on best course of action in terms of risk management by working alongside the broking teams and contributing to placing and servicing activities.
You will witness how Aon develops and delivers innovative solutions which may include enhancement of risk management approaches, handling of complex claims, risk consulting, and use of data-driven analysis to drive business development and win new business.
Speciality areas where you will gain experience include;
Marine, Energy, Structured and Capital Solutions, Crisis Management, Property, Construction, Aviation, Casualty and Cyber
- Undergraduates graduating between December 2020 and June 2021 preferred
- Degree in any discipline, 2nd class honors or GPA 3.0 and above strongly preferred
- Meticulous and able to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team, fostering teamwork and cultivating relationships, as well as work independently or with minimal direction
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Critical and innovative thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Self-motivated, hard-working, highly initiative, responsible, and able to work independently
- Adaptability – quick learner
To submit your application, please click on the "Apply" button above.