Aon Internship Experience
Aon Internship Experience gives you hands-on working experience and is designed to give you an insight into our business, an understanding of our culture while developing critical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities at Aon. During your time here, you will be contributing to our business and taking on real responsibility. You will be supported by a ‘buddy’, a mentor to answer any questions you might have about your work and our business, and be provided the necessary technical knowledge and business skills during the internship.
Our program runs from 11th May 2020 to 26th Jul 2020.
Data & Analytics Services – The cornerstone of Aon’s global investment in analytics
Aon’s Centres for Innovation and Analytics in Dublin and Singapore are the cornerstone of Aon’s $350M global investment in analytics. The Centres deliver data-driven insights to clients by leveraging our unmatched data capabilities across both risk and people solutions
Established in 2012, there are nearly 100 colleagues employed by the Center today, with rapid growth planned over the next few years. The team currently includes actuaries, computer programmers, financial analysts and accountants. Through their concerted effort we will build best in class analytic insights and capabilities to better serve clients and colleagues globally.
The ACIA Health & Benefits team focuses on building out tools and platforms that would enhance our value proposition in the current brokerage space. The software development team allows the data insights to be presented in a manner that allows our consultants to make use of an enhanced web experience and one that showcases our abilities in the most able manner.
The graduate intern will be involved in the following:
- Interacting with internal stakeholders to develop solutions based on requirements
- Building knowledge on regional or global insurance landscape, health and wellness
- Providing support for internal stakeholders for external clients as a well as for the development of internal tools and intellectual capital
- Attaining functional knowledge on the use of ETL tools and Visualization tools
- Practical exposure to data analytics and big data
- Conception and development of ideas for potential solutions based on current needs and gaps in the market
- Development of personal soft skills required in professional settings
- The intern will also work on client projects and support the teams on day to day work and assist in conducting research for the preparation of projects, reports and presentations.
- Undergraduates graduating between December 2020 and June 2021 preferred
- Degree in any discipline, 2nd class honors or GPA 3.0 and above strongly preferred
- Strong interest in Insurance Broking and Consulting
- Meticulous and able to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team, fostering teamwork and cultivating relationships, as well as work independently or with minimal direction
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Critical and innovative thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Self- motivated, responsible, and able to work independently
- Adaptability – quick learner
- Mature and professional demeanor, and a positive attitude
- Excellent time management skills