We are looking for an expert who possesses and applies advanced and diversified claims knowledge and other technical skills to the completion of complex client facing, insurer facing and business development projects.
In this role, project management, coordination and communication skills are of great importance, supplementing the technical knowledge that is a pre-requisite for success.
Beyond the completion of specific engagements and tasks, this role requires mentoring and development of other claims professionals and a focus on creating a scaleable solution set in the cyber peril claims arena.
• Provide expert advice on coverage in the wording development phase, working with Aon broking leaders to design and implement best in class coverage across all lines of business which respond, in full or in part, to cyber peril losses.
• Provide expert guidance to clients in the event of a cyber peril claim of significant financial and / or strategic impact, with a focus on the development of a claim resolution strategy which takes into account all available coverages across multiple policies. Following client agreement of the claim resolution strategy, management of all Aon claims and other professionals who are engaged in the process, to include advocacy with key insurers and ongoing updates to the client.
• Specific oversight of Aon (or other) claim preparation (forensic accounting) engagement in any cyber peril claims made by clients on Aon placed policies.
• Participation in the development of portfolio level and client specific pricing strategies to ensure Aon is adequately remunerated for engagement.
• Involvement in relevant new business exercises.
• Oversight, without direct management responsibility, of EMEA based claims professionals who are engaged in cyber peril losses, to include the development over time of a credentialing program to ensure Aon’s delivery is best in class
• Coordination with Aon’s cyber claims professionals outside EMEA
• Ensure the full and appropriate use of all relevant elements of Aon’s global claims strategy include but not limited to Claims Governance Database, Claim Escalation Protocols and Insurer / Adjuster Relationship Management
• Thought leadership and insights developed from involvement in cyber peril claims
Competencies & Knowledge
• High tenacity in advocacy of claims ideas with clients, placement team and network office
• Ability to articulate and implement relevant elements of Aon's global claims strategy
• Ability to coach and mentor the claims team and to establish a culture of cross-collaboration to achieve client results
• Ability to retain and attract new and diverse talent; measure and reward performance accordingly
• Ability to increase new revenue opportunities and support Client Promise Strategy
• Fluent in English and fluency in one or more other European languages would be an advantage