Responsible for the management of the business and directing the company to ensure effective and profitable operation and growth. Accountable to the Board of Directors and Regional Management for maximum return on invested capital, formulation and execution of current and long-term objectives, review and implementation of the company’s operating plans, policies and operational controls.
- Provides overall direction and management for the country, ensuring country strategies are communicated, cascaded and implemented effectively.
- Directs the entire operation of the company to maintain established cost and quality standards, attains projected revenue and profit levels, achieves client satisfaction goals and ensures maintenance and security of the company’s physical assets.
- Develops/ updates the country’s business plan and monitors financial performance to safeguard the company’s profitability. Integrates regional objectives, plans and budgets to ensure the achievement of agreed objectives.
- Sets and recommends annual budget for Board and obtains Regional approval and prudently manages organization’s resources within the budget guidelines. Delivers results consistent with the company’s growth and profitability norms.
- Responsible for all functions and a wide range of products in respect of its design, marketing, promotion and the delivery of quality products and services in line with international best practices, Aon Asia Management Protocols.
- Oversees the full range of functions, - i.e., marketing and sales, finance, human resources, administration and operations of the organization.
- Develops and maintains an organization structure which encourages all employees to seek opportunities to ensure growth and continued profitability. Ensure that employees are selected, trained, counselled and rewarded to maintain performance standards.
- Fulfils governance function and ensures that all corporate activities and operations are carried out in compliance with relevant regulations and laws in the region.
- Acts as chief spokesman for the company in dealing with major customers, carriers, competitors, government agencies and shareholders in the country
- Maintains a positive community image and remains current on local business trends.
- Tertiary qualification preferred.
- Insurance professional qualifications (at least an ACII or equivalent)
- At least 15 years of relevant business experience with a minimum of 10 years in a senior leadership capacity.
- Acts with integrity
- Capable to drive & execute strategies and plans
- Competent in strategic thinking and keeping a longer-term perspective
- Competent in realizing and identifying business potentials
- Good leadership and management skills
- Able to develop multi-talented organisation
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Cross cultural sensitivity
- Demonstration of key competencies/behaviours of the Aon Impact Model