Empower what’s next for your career
Our trustee advisory team in the UK has an enviable client base and currently comprises over 250 Consultants. As we aim to continue growing our market share, we are seeking ambitious individuals to join our established teams. We have offices in London, St Albans, Epsom, Farnborough, Bristol, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow & Edinburgh.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing team and wider retirement & investment division, where you will be supported by some great colleagues and given great exposure to advance your consulting career. We are proud of our diverse client base here at Aon and you will be a key contributor tasked with the delivery of exceptional client service providing technical advice across a range of pension and benefit issues as a consultant and client manager . You will likely be assigned a portfolio of clients where you are a key consultant and client or service manager with the potential to lead on clients over time.
Your impact as a Pensions Consultant
- Developing relationships and familiarity with your clients, being seen as a key contact by your clients.
- Participating in client meetings, presenting advice and leading on some items with support from more experienced colleagues, You will have the opportunity at meetings to answer clients' questions and be involved in discussions.
- A key focus at this role level is delivery of high quality work to our clients on time, and on budget. As an effective project manager you will need to be able to manage expectations of both colleagues and clients to achieve this. Client queries will be dealt with quickly and accurately, either by answering them yourself or by forwarding them to an appropriate colleague. Where you need to pass queries to a more experienced colleague, you will be able to use their involvement/support as a learning opportunity.
- Often you will be working with more experienced colleagues to deliver advice. However, you will be focused on the requests from your clients to drive what advice is produced, and how this is done, rather than needing detailed guidance from colleagues.
- You will have key roles on smaller clients, working alongside a Client Manager; on our larger clients, you may be acting as the "number 2" or "number 3" consultant.
- Suggesting ideas and options on your clients, working with more senior colleagues to develop such opportunities.
- Where actuarial work is being prepared for you by supporting teams, you will need strong skills at analysing the results and conclusions of calculations, and be able to provide concise summaries for more experienced colleagues and for clients.
- You will have the opportunity to network within the local market, both with potential clients and other professional contacts.
- You will build an understanding of the range of services that we at Aon can offer, and which colleagues to talk to where further expertise is needed on a particular subject. You will need to be comfortable in taking active steps in a supportive environment to build your internal network.
- You should be able to explain difficult concepts to colleagues when delegating work, and brief them on the work required, so they can deliver the required work efficiently & within any budgetary constraints.
- You will play an active part as a role model in developing other colleagues on your client teams.
You bring knowledge and expertise
- You will have a solid grounding in the UK pensions consulting environment, across a range of situations and clients, including experience of having prepared a range of technical advice.
- Detailed knowledge of the legislative and regulatory framework for UK pensions and strong attention to detail.
- The ability to stand back from detailed calculations & advice, to sense-check, draw conclusions, and see the item of work in a broader context of the client needs and the legislative framework.
- Time management skills to deliver work on time and on budget, with an ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong communication skills, helping you to explain complex issues to clients and colleagues.
- Confidence in expressing your viewpoint, both with colleagues and clients.
- Constructive questioning and active listening skills to build a clear and deep understanding of a client’s circumstances.
- Commercial awareness with a desire to develop your consulting skills further.
- You are likely to have a Degree and to have recently achieved a relevant Professional qualification (e.g. APMI, FIA) although these are not mandatory.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria