Aon is looking for a Cloud Security Architect
Aon is seeking a highly motivated, intellectually curious Cloud Security Architect to join our expanding information security program. This is a unique opportunity to work in a heterogenous cloud environment securing big data environments, cloud native applications, and several other use cases.
Your impact as a Cloud Security Architect
The Cloud Security Architect, reporting to the Senior Director (Cybersecurity Architecture), will lead cloud security in a heterogenous cloud environment. This role will serve as the central resource for defining and evolving protection of cloud infrastructure and services across IT and Aon business lines globally.
With a focus on cloud security and security architecture, you will serve in a key role of leading technical discussions, guiding the development of strategic and tactical security architecture efforts, security standards, designing and driving implementations to completion, and function overall as a technical security leader for fast evolving cloud-based security architectures.
- Lead the creation and updating of Cloud Security Standards, Security Patterns, and Reference Architectures.
- Participate in and collaborate in security reviews of architectures/designs of cloud infrastructure, cloud-native and legacy applications in heterogenous cloud environments
- Lead cloud security assessments and assist in planning the remediation of assessment, audit, and regulatory findings.
- Collaborate with Cyber Architecture team, Enterprise Architecture team, Business Unit IT teams, and Enterprise Analytics (EAP) team in reviewing needs, proposing/building cloud architecture and roadmaps
- Review existing cloud security configurations in AWS and Azure to identify and propose steps to improve security posture
- Define standard reference architectures and roadmap for IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS deployment models
- Provide mentoring, education, and leadership on Cloud Security
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Knowledge of the current security environment and industry trends especially related to cloud
- Knowledge of cloud delivery, security and deployment models for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings
- Knowledge of key cloud security standards (e.g., NIST, CIS, ISO, CSA STAR)
- Knowledge of good industry practice in tiered security architecture design
- Work closely with other security architects and enterprise architects in ensuring application of security standards and patterns.
- Ability to document reference architectures, network schematics, blueprints, patterns, and other types of architectural documentation
- To qualify for the role you must have A bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 6+ years of related work experience
- Experience in one or more of the following
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Providing security review of network and system architecture designs
- Operating as an IT architect or security architect within complex projects
- Experience with container solutions such as Cloud Foundry and Docker.
- Experience with securing DevOps processes.
- Experience with hybrid cloud deployments.
- Technical knowledge in some of the following domains in a cloud context: routing/switching, stateful or next gen firewalls (NGFW), distributed denial of service (DDoS) mitigation, web application firewalls, intrusion detection / prevention systems (IDS/IPS), network segregation, security information and event management (SIEM), Cloud Brokers (CASB), Cloud Workload Protection (CWP), deceptive technologies, and other threat and vulnerability management capabilities
- Creating or securing cloud solutions for some of the following cloud / cloud security technologies identity and access management (IAM), two-factor authentication (2FA), SIEM, public key infrastructure (PKI), network security, firewalls, IDS/IPS, anti-malware, email security, web content filtering, DDoS mitigation, endpoint detection & response, patch management, configuration management, data loss protection (DLP), application security, and other relevant cloud / cloud security technologies
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Relevant security certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM) • Relevant cloud certifications (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure)
Experience and other requirements:
- Demonstrated experience communicating technical information to business clients.
- Project management, systems implementation and requirements documentation experience a plus.
- Ability to translate business requirements into architectural deliverables and technical specifications.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of security issues, techniques, and implications across multiple computer platforms.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of security regulations and best practices such as PCI, SOX, HIPAA, or the ISO 27000 family of standards.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Demonstrated experience with Security Architecture and/or Enterprise Architectural Frameworks (e.g. SABSA, TOGAF, O-ESA).
- Cloud security implementation experience (AWS, Azure).
- Experience generating policies in code.
- Knowledge and understanding of core credential stores including; LDAP repositories, operating systems, and databases.
- Security design methodologies, patterns, best practices and corresponding defensive strategies.
What you can expect from us:
- City Centre location with competitive remuneration and attractive range of benefits geared to attract the very best.
- Career development opportunities both in Ireland and globally.
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of talented, motivated colleagues who will support you to own your potential.
- Key focus on employee wellbeing in order to achieve optimal health and performance for our colleagues and organisation.
- We continually invest in our people, developing colleagues through a range of Learning and Development opportunities including access to our tech-enabled Learning platform ‘Aon University’.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. Aon Ireland offer and promote flexible working arrangements where possible.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com . Please reference the job title in the subject.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success.
All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.