Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
About Aon Center for Innovation & Analytics
Aon’s Centre for Innovation and Analytics (ACIA) in Singapore, Dublin and Krakow is the cornerstone of Aon’s $350M global investment in analytics. The Centre aims to uncover and maximize the potential of data and analytics by identifying, creating and delivering innovative products and solutions to help our clients address business challenges. At Aon, data and analytics underpin everything we do and is central to how we operate as a professional services firm.
Launched in 2012, ACIA Singapore is the first and largest insurance innovation laboratory in Singapore, with a team of more than 180 highly qualified data scientists, actuaries, statisticians, engineers, developers and business consultants. We believe in the power of diverse talent to generate innovative solutions for our clients, and work across Data & Analytics services to drive the next wave of commercial analytics products for Aon.
As a senior data engineer in the Singapore Aon Innovation Centre, you will be the expert that specialises in areas of ETL, modern data pipelines and data warehousing that spans both the traditional OLTP/OLAP databases and modern Big Data database systems. Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with teams of experienced actuaries, developers and business experts to deliver projects.
- Design and propose end-to-end data flows for data projects as well as databases to support web-based applications.
- Execute implementation of the designs and bring it from design stages to implementation followed by operationalization to maintenance.
- Database design and modelling. To be able to organize data at both macro and micro level and provide logical data models for the consumers.
- Database performance tuning and data lifecycle management.
- Assist in support and enhancements of existing data pipelines and databases.
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related area is preferred.
- 3+ years in-depth experience in working with MS SQL Server.
- Highly knowledgeable in ETL/ELT processes, both design and implementation via SSIS or some other ETL tool.
- Skilled in both complex query performance tuning and database performance tuning for MS SQL Server.
- Experience in building and designing data warehouses/data marts.
- Understand the importance of data security and performance and able to implement best practices in ensuring data security and performance for data-centric projects.
- Have very good and clear communication skills, as this person is required to present, propose and advise on data solutions to the management and technical team.
- This person is required to be dynamic and be a quick eager learner as knowledge about new technologies will need to be acquired on the spot.
- Experience in a programming language such as C# or Python is a plus.
We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and has opportunities for growth and development. Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do.