Machine Learning Engineer
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients through proprietary data and analytics solutions that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Within Aon there is a hub, based in the centre of Dublin, where the Aon Centre for Innovation and Analytics (ACIA) and IT Platform Services (ITPS) come together to deliver truly innovative cloud-based data-driven solutions for the risk industry. We operate at the intersection of innovation, data, analytics and technology and are central Aon’s Data & Analytics strategy.
We are looking to extend our diverse pool of talent across technology and emerging data disciplines, with specific focus on people who demonstrate high levels of agility, passion, technical skills, collaboration, solution-focus, and commercial acumen.
About the role
The successful candidate will join the Aon’s Enterprise Analytics Platform team and assume direct responsibility for architecture patterns and development standards supporting the productionisation of analytics workloads, from general statistical models to Machine Learning & AI.
Liaising with Data Science and Engineering teams locally and globally, you will accelerate the adoption and standardization of new technologies within our AWS cloud environments, enabling the creation of new forms of value by our Data & Analytics teams, whilst helping to drive changes to global IT delivery & operating models in support.
Applicants are expected to have direct experience in building ML models in Python or Scala, with good knowledge of associated frameworks, but with a strong bias towards the technology frameworks and cloud engineering required to wire such solutions together in a scalable, cost effective and performant manner.
They should have experience provisioning, orchestrating and supporting cloud-native services using automation and a strong security mindset to help advance DevSecOps standards, whilst also possessing strong communication skills to influence global colleagues.
- 3+ years’ experience in public cloud technology, ideally AWS and ideally certified incl. PaaS services such as S3, SNS, SQS, Lambda, AWS Batch, ECS, EMR, ElastiCache etc.
- 3+ years’ experience in production-grade Python/Scala and Machine Learning (decision trees, multivariate and logistic regression, kNN, kMeans, NLP, Neural Networks etc.).
- 2+ years’ experience working with Container Orchestration frameworks (Docker/Kubernetes) and broader orchestration tools (e.g. Airflow)
- Experience with Hadoop, and Spark (Python/Scala) a distinct benefit
- Experience with Linux scripting languages and automation incl. Infrastructure-as-Code and Application Configuration Management tooling such as Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience working with Agile CI/CD tooling and pipelines highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience working with Hadoop (Impala) data lakes, RDBMS (PostgreSQL, Redshift, SQL Server), Graph and NoSQL storage systems desirable.
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent (PhD, M.Sc. preferred)
- Strong communicator – articulating the value of refactoring towards standards, and benefits/considerations on cloud service adoption.
- Inquisitive – ability to dig into new and challenging problems with/for teams, proving our new approaches and spreading knowledge and awareness.
- Analytical mind-set – problem solving through analytical approach that meet the rigorous standards of the data science industry.
- True collaborator – passionate about building great solutions by engaging colleagues across the team.
What you can expect from us:
- City Centre location with competitive remuneration and attractive range of benefits geared to attract the very best
- Career development opportunities both in Ireland and globally
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of talented, motivated colleagues who will support you to own your potential
- Key focus on employee wellbeing in order to achieve optimal health and performance for our colleagues and organisation
- We continually invest in our people, developing colleagues through a range of Learning and Development opportunities including access to our tech-enabled Learning platform ‘Aon University’
We’re happy to talk flexible working. Aon Ireland offer and promote flexible working arrangements where possible.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference the job title in the subject.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success.
All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.