Role level 6
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
What is the Aon Colleague Experience?
Being a part of Aon means making a difference – every moment, every day – across the globe.
- It’s knowing that your work makes a difference – for our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
- It’s working every day with the best – people who are knowledgeable, passionate, conscientious, and innovative.
- It’s understanding that you own your potential – to develop your skills, grow your career, and expand your reach across businesses and geographies
- It’s being valued for who are you are and what you bring to the firm – appreciation and recognition for your contributions, tools and resources to let you do your best work every day, a comprehensive total rewards package, and the encouragement to be your authentic self at work.
About the role
Aon Risk Services is currently looking to recruit an experienced Account Executive to join a busy broking division in its Dublin operation. Reporting to a Global and Specialty Division Manager and working closely with the Division’s Managing Directors, the successful candidate will be responsible for client servicing of a range of complex National and International corporate accounts, with a proven ability to work as part of a team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaising and managing a portfolio of accounts within a corporate broking environment.
- Building strong relationships with customers through the delivery of a client facing and market leading service.
- Responsible for handling general day to day queries, renewals, mid-term adjustments and supporting new business opportunities.
- Securing and retaining clients by providing a top quality service in a professional manner.
- Assisting Account Directors and Servicers in their daily duties.
- Comply with all management audit requirements.
- Comply with all local legislation, Central Bank Codes of Conduct and Aon Broker Guidelines.
- Other duties that may arise and are deemed appropriate by Aon Management.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working within a commercial environment and a working knowledge of corporate insurance programmes.
- Hold a minimum of ACII qualification, additional business related qualifications will also be of benefit
- A strong customer focus demonstrating some client facing experience and a keen eye for detail.
- Team player and can work on your own initiative.
- Have a working knowledge of the Consumer Protection Code 2012
- Provide evidence of CPD compliance for the past 2 years.
- Comply with the minimum competency requirements laid down by the Central Bank, including but not limited to Fitness & Probity standards
- Experience on reviewing and compiling reports on Insurance Due Diligence Exercises
- New business development with agreement to a specific monitored target for revenue. Evidence of new business development and closures will be required together with participation in new business development
- Providing technical advice and support to the claims team in the management of claims
- Providing technical advice and assistance as required to colleagues across a range of products.
- Senior stakeholder management
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills allied with a very pro-active nature
What you can expect from us:
- City Centre location with competitive remuneration and attractive range of benefits geared to attract the very best
- Career development opportunities both in Ireland and globally
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of talented, motivated colleagues who will support you to own your potential
- Key focus on employee wellbeing in order to achieve optimal health and performance for our colleagues and organisation
- We continually invest in our people, developing colleagues through a range of Learning and Development opportunities including access to our tech-enabled Learning platform ‘Aon University’
We’re happy to talk flexible working. Aon Ireland offer and promote flexible working arrangements where possible.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com . Please reference the job title in the subject.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success.
All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.