Client Service Advisor
Role level 7
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
What is the Aon Colleague Experience?
Being a part of Aon means making a difference – every moment, every day – across the globe.
- It’s knowing that your work makes a difference – for our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
- It’s working every day with the best – people who are knowledgeable, passionate, conscientious, and innovative.
- It’s understanding that you own your potential – to develop your skills, grow your career, and expand your reach across businesses and geographies
- It’s being valued for who are you are and what you bring to the firm – appreciation and recognition for your contributions, tools and resources to let you do your best work every day, a comprehensive total rewards package, and the encouragement to be your authentic self at work.
Advisor within the Global Division. Working directly with the Team and reporting to the Global Director, the successful candidate will also be expected to collaborate with Colleagues within the Aon Global Client Network in a cross culturally competent way. The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of Business Retention and Sales activities. The successful candidate will manage a portfolio of existing business and develop new business opportunities for both clients and prospective clients.
There will be an expectation that the successful candidate will be in a position to become quickly established in this role and add value to the Global Division.
The successful candidate will have responsibility to ensure that all Client accounts are prepared within the required timeframe; financial records are properly maintained; compliance with all necessary regulations; servicing and developing accounts; communication with Clients and Colleagues. There will be an expectation that the successful candidate will be in a position to deliver Distinctive Client Value; provide timely response to requests while independently delivering outstanding work product. The successful candidate should be able to take accountability for their own development; build own skills and share new ideas; and look for new ways to serve clients. The successful candidate must act with integrity and work every day in a way that positively impacts our clients, colleagues and communities.
The successful candidate must be able to deliver consistent, positive operational results with the best balance of investment and efficiency; understand basic business and financial concepts and their impact on our business; acquire and use knowledge of relevant technology and processes and be able to follow established processes.
This role will give the successful candidate a deep insight of Global and Corporate business and the Aon Global Client Network and could provide the right candidate with a great opportunity for career development within the Aon Group.
The successful candidate will be involved in external client facing activities.
Expectations & Tasks:
Proactively manage an existing book of business within the Global Division
- A requirement to undertake the following activities for existing and prospective clients within the Global Division, including but not limited to:
- Client Facing Meetings
- Provide Client Focused Solutions
- Building relationships,
- Account management, planning and proposition development
- Identifying new sales and cross sell opportunities within the Aon Network including liaising with our Aon Employee Benefits team.
- Preparation of reports on existing and new business activity
- Working towards agreed retention and new business targets
- Apply innovative consideration to client opportunities both internally and externally, whilst building strong relationships.
- Work with Aon Global Client Network colleagues to reinforce team structure to meet global account requirements.
- Responsible for adhering to the operational requirements of Aon Global systems.
- Manage weekly/monthly reports on client activity.
- Actively participate in divisional, team and Aon team building initiatives.
- Actively manage all general day to day queries, renewals, mid-term adjustments and supporting new business opportunities.
- Ensure all client and operational expectations are managed in a timely, efficient and professional manner in line with Aon Client Promise.
- Assisting Account Servicers/Directors in their daily duties.
- Comply with all management audit requirements
- Other related responsibilities as required
- 2+ years previous knowledge and work experience in the insurance brokerage/insurance business required.
- Knowledge or work experience in Client Relationship Management.
- Demonstrated project management capabilities.
Qualifications/ Skills & Competencies:
- Minimum CIP qualification with progress towards ACII desirable.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills allied with a very pro-active nature.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent customer and account management skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to focus on key priorities
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel and PowerPoint.
- Compliance with Minimum Competency Requirements as set out by the Central Bank of Ireland including but not limited to Fitness and Probity requirements.
What you can expect from us:
- City Centre location with competitive remuneration and attractive range of benefits geared to attract the very best
- Career development opportunities both in Ireland and globally
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of talented, motivated colleagues who will support you to own your potential
- Key focus on employee wellbeing in order to achieve optimal health and performance for our colleagues and organisation
- We continually invest in our people, developing colleagues through a range of Learning and Development opportunities including access to our tech-enabled Learning platform ‘Aon University’
We’re happy to talk flexible working. Aon Ireland offer and promote flexible working arrangements where possible.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com . Please reference the job title in the subject.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success.
All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.