Role level 8
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Part of Aon’s Heath Solution Division, Aon Health & Benefits provides market leading employee benefits solutions, spanning DC pensions and financial planning/wellness, risk benefits, healthcare benefits, flexible benefits, outsourced benefits administration and benefits and reward communications. Through a combination of our scale, expertise and technology we partner with clients to provide end to end capabilities to design, source and communicate their benefits to suit their needs and those of their employees.
Learn more about who we are: http://www.aon.com/ireland/employee-benefits
What is the Aon Colleague Experience?
Being a part of Aon means making a difference – every moment, every day – across the globe.
- It’s knowing that your work makes a difference – for our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
- It’s working every day with the best – people who are knowledgeable, passionate, conscientious, and innovative.
- It’s understanding that you own your potential – to develop your skills, grow your career, and expand your reach across businesses and geographies
- It’s being valued for who are you are and what you bring to the firm – appreciation and recognition for your contributions, tools and resources to let you do your best work every day, a comprehensive total rewards package, and the encouragement to be your authentic self at work.
The Paraplanner will work closely with our team of financial planners, providing quality customised support to meet our client needs. This is an outstanding opportunity and a potential stepping stone to numerous possible career paths within the financial services industry.
- Build positive relationships with co-workers and clients alike.
- Excellent numeric, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to think quickly.
- The ability to work unsupervised and be self-motivated.
- A high proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and ancillary software
- Strong customer service skills, orientation and focus.
- A creative individual with the ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
Expectations & Tasks:
- Assisting the financial planner in the formulation and documentation of appropriate strategies for the client from information and instructions provided by planners.
- Develop the ability to identify and document a range of strategies in a compliant, personalised and tailored format.
- Support financial planners in the annual review process for clients.
- Attend client meetings with the financial planner on and off site.
- Critically analyse information received from planners and clients alike.
- Research and analyse investment funds, insurance products and tax legislation as required.
- Experience dealing with clients in Financial Services environment preferable.
Qualifications/ Skills & Competencies:
- QFA qualification mandatory
- Degree level qualification preferable
What you can expect from us:
- City Centre location with competitive remuneration and attractive range of benefits geared to attract the very best
- Career development opportunities both in Ireland and globally
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of talented, motivated colleagues who will support you to own your potential
- Key focus on employee wellbeing in order to achieve optimal health and performance for our colleagues and organisation
- We continually invest in our people, developing colleagues through a range of Learning and Development opportunities including access to our tech-enabled Learning platform ‘Aon University’
We’re happy to talk flexible working. Aon Ireland offer and promote flexible working arrangements where possible.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference the job title in the subject.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success.
All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.