The role of Business Development Manager, Voluntary Benefits, Health Solutions – Singapore is to support the development and execution of Aon’s Voluntary Benefits strategy through the execution of a sales plan to contribute to the revenue growth of new Voluntary Benefits opportunity with Singapore clients.
- Supporting the development & execution of a client sales & marketing strategy which delivers client take up and meets financial targets to drive Voluntary Benefits business growth in Singapore;
- Providing assistance with the client onboarding process to ensure all Voluntary Benefits programmes in Singapore are set up and will operate in accordance with Aon’s & the client’s expectation;
- Execution of a Voluntary Benefits marketing strategy and plan with key / targeted clients to optimize the promotion and appeal of Aon’s Voluntary Benefits offering.
- Assist in the development and ongoing review of Aon’s Voluntary Benefits proposition and strategy to ensure the achievement of financial targets, delivery of service excellence and responds to client need.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the development and execution of a sales & marketing strategy for the growth of Voluntary Benefits business in Singapore in conjunction with the relevant market HS head and regional VB strategy.
- Drive and support the execution of a targeted client segmentation plan, development and conversion of a business development pipeline to capture and convert client interest resulting in the securing of new Voluntary Benefits revenue opportunity.
- Collaborate with Singapore HS leaders and SAMs to deliver a distinct client value proposition and marketing and relationship management plan to maximise penetration of Singapore HS’ client portfolio.
- Assist with the implementation of a Voluntary Benefits marketing plan to drive B2B client marketing activities in Singapore with target clients including but not confined to: seminars, symposiums, worksite promotions, financial wellbeing sessions, white papers, communications etc.
- Support the delivery of all client onboarding requirements to ensure the successful implementation and ongoing running of all campaign activity to ensure the best solutions are delivered to clients in the most efficient way, coupled with the optimizing of Aon’s commercial return.
- Support the ongoing regular review of all client Voluntary Benefit programmes to enhance the distribution of additional products and services which drives new business opportunity and is aligned to client and employee need.
- Support the growth of the retail insurance book of business (legacy AHWM) by ongoing servicing of existing clients and capturing and converting new business risk opportunities organically, within Aon and flowing on from Voluntary Benefits.
- University degree, preferably in a marketing or business-related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience sales, marketing and business development roles within the financial services industry with proven track record in achieving sales objectives and targets.
- Understanding of Singapore insurance markets.
- Experience in developing and executing successful sales & marketing plans.
- Understanding of Singapore HS client network with strong commercial mindset.
- Strong communication skills with ability to present, negotiate and influence at HR and C suite level with clients.
- Excellent people management and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Proven track record in delivering creative solutions in deal negotiation, to deliver new business opportunity aligned to client need.
- A driven sales approach, strong negotiation skills, presentation skills, team player, solution-oriented and committed.
- In-depth knowledge & experience of HS distribution environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication and influencing skills to develop & relationships with key external stakeholders.
- Ability to source, analyses and apply all relevant business intelligence material to improve and optimally position Aon’s VB proposition with clients.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and strong understanding of key business requirements and drivers.