Role level 6
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
In our Retirement Solutions business, in Ireland, we provide clients with distinctive value through an industry-leading portfolio of products and services in actuarial, investment, general consulting and pension’s administration. We align to a Global structure and work to develop methodology, practices and services to exceed our Client’s expectations.
What is the Aon Colleague Experience?
Being a part of Aon means making a difference – every moment, every day – across the globe.
- It’s knowing that your work makes a difference – for our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
- It’s working every day with the best – people who are knowledgeable, passionate, conscientious, and innovative.
- It’s understanding that you own your potential – to develop your skills, grow your career, and expand your reach across businesses and geographies
- It’s being valued for who are you are and what you bring to the firm – appreciation and recognition for your contributions, tools and resources to let you do your best work every day, a comprehensive total rewards package, and the encouragement to be your authentic self at work.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Actuary to join our team. The role will offer the opportunity to develop relationships with clients in delivering trustee and corporate advisory work. Responsibilities will include:
- Taking responsibility for the quality of technical work delivered to clients, including reviewing work from more junior support team members as required
- Advising clients on strategic pensions issues, including benefit design, risk management projects, funding, as well as pension accounting disclosures
- Preparing actuarial valuations, funding certificates, funding proposals and actuarial statements as required under the Pensions Act 1990
- Qualified actuary with at least 2 years post-qualification experience
- Experience in leading certain client relationships and supporting the delivery of services to larger clients
- Relevant industry experience and consulting experience coupled with sound technical capability
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and comfortable in leading discussions with Finance Directors and HR Directors
- Self-motivating and ambitious
- Able to encourage and develop other colleagues, and work well within diverse teams
- Whilst having an eye for detail, also capable in advising at a strategic level
What you can expect from us:
City Centre location with competitive remuneration and attractive range of benefits geared to attract the very best
- Career development opportunities both in Ireland and globally
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of talented, motivated colleagues who will support you to own your potential
- Key focus on employee wellbeing in order to achieve optimal health and performance for our colleagues and organisation
- We continually invest in our people, developing colleagues through a range of Learning and Development opportunities including access to our tech-enabled Learning platform ‘Aon University’
We’re happy to talk flexible working. Aon Ireland offer and promote flexible working arrangements where possible.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com . Please reference the job title in the subject.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success.
All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.