Role level 8
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is a market leading and highly respected pensions and investment firm. For us, Clients are key and the expertise of our people is second to none.
Retirement & Investment
Aon's Retirement & Investment solutions business is the global leader in human resource consulting and outsourcing solutions. For us, clients are key and the expertise of our people is second to none. We provide clients with distinctive value through an industry-leading portfolio of products and services in actuarial, investment, general consulting and pension’s administration. We align to a Global structure and work to develop methodology, practices and services to exceed our Client’s needs.
The Global Investment Practice specialises in providing independent investment advice to a wide range of clients on investment strategy, asset allocation, investment manager selection and monitoring. As our client base in Ireland continues to grow, we are excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join our team.
From a base in Dublin, you will have exposure to a wide range of investment services covering our diverse and growing client portfolio.
What is the Aon Colleague Experience?
Being a part of Aon means making a difference – every moment, every day – across the globe.
- It’s knowing that your work makes a difference – for our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
- It’s working every day with the best – people who are knowledgeable, passionate, conscientious, and innovative.
- It’s understanding that you own your potential – to develop your skills, grow your career, and expand your reach across businesses and geographies
- It’s being valued for who are you are and what you bring to the firm – appreciation and recognition for your contributions, tools and resources to let you do your best work every day, a comprehensive total rewards package, and the encouragement to be your authentic self at work.
We are excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join our growing Investment team in Dublin. You will gain exposure to a wide range of investment services covering our diverse and growing client portfolio. Initially supporting the senior members of our investment team in all aspects of investment consultancy, you will be expected to progress rapidly and take responsibility for your own clients.
We look to offer as much experience as you can handle, and with the appropriate supports, you will provide support to Investment Consultants in all aspects of Investment consultancy.
With the appropriate supports, you will be expected to:
- Work as part of a team, creating and enhancing regular client investment performance reports and supporting materials on a timely basis
- Be involved with modelling and design of bespoke investment strategies for clients.
- Under-take fund performance and manager research analysis for the team
- Efficiently manage deadlines and exhibit the ability to work independently for routine client projects.
- Coordinate project work and timely delivery of advice to the client or lead consultant for review, including preparation of reports for client meetings.
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills
- IT Skills: strong grasp of Microsoft Office applications essential.
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage workload in a timely manner
- Team spirit – enjoy contribution, innovation and be comfortable working at all levels
- Relevant financial services experience preferably with a major consulting, asset management or banking firm would be a distinct advantage
Qualifications/ Skills & Competencies:
- Educated to degree level in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Business or similar
- Gained or working towards a professional qualification (CFA or Actuarial desirable)
What you can expect from us:
- City Centre location with competitive remuneration and attractive range of benefits geared to attract the very best
- Career development opportunities both in Ireland and globally
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of talented, motivated colleagues who will support you to own your potential
- Key focus on employee wellbeing in order to achieve optimal health and performance for our colleagues and organisation
- We continually invest in our people, developing colleagues through a range of Learning and Development opportunities including access to our tech-enabled Learning platform ‘Aon University’
We’re happy to talk flexible working. Aon Ireland offer and promote flexible working arrangements where possible.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com . Please reference the job title in the subject.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success.
All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.