Senior Data Analyst
Role level 6
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
The Aon Centre for Innovation and Analytics
The Aon Centre for Innovation and Analytics (ACIA) provides advanced insurance research, analytics and business intelligence to Aon colleagues and clients globally. Aon, employing over 65,000 people in 120 countries, is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services.
This role will report to the BI & Visualization Manager and is a Level 6 position on the ACIA Career Framework.
What is the Aon Colleague Experience?
Being a part of Aon means making a difference – every moment, every day – across the globe.
- It’s knowing that your work makes a difference – for our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
- It’s working every day with the best – people who are knowledgeable, passionate, conscientious, and innovative.
- It’s understand that you own your potential – to develop your skills, grow your career, and expand your reach across businesses and geographies
- It’s being valued for who are you are and what you bring to the firm – appreciation and recognition for your contributions, tools and resources to let you do your best work every day, a comprehensive total rewards package, and the encouragement to be your authentic self at work.
About the role
ACIA’s Business Platforms Insights division is dedicated to delivering value, insight and innovation through data, analytics, engagement and consultancy services to insurers and/or reinsurers, across the full spectrum of insurance, reinsurance, and capital markets.
The successful candidate will join the Business Platforms - BI & Visualization team as a Senior Data Analyst. Key points of the role are:
- Lead a team of BI & Visualization developers
- Demonstrate expertise in BI and Visualization tools (Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI...)
- Establish and implement best practices with a focus on Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, data ingestion and advising / suggesting other tools
- Act as the core point of contact in the centre for Tableau and Alteryx issues / recommendations / support
- Drive Alteryx / Tableau upskilling across AON and act as evangelist of the widespread of the tools
- Support the business in the areas of innovation and creation of new products and tools
- Enable changes to our product suite in line with our customers’ requirements
- Open and create opportunities for other units to use our platform through new channels
- Leverage the Data Analytics & Services Platform across AON
- Support product backlogs & road-maps
- Understanding products requirements and needs as articulated by product owners and stakeholders
- Deliver high value analytics that meet stakeholders’ requirements and needs and incorporate the features envisaged by the product owners and the stakeholders into the product when feasible
- Understand the data required and engage with the Data Acquisition team on best ways to consume the data as per business requirements
- Promote continuous development and training for members of the team, helping them to meet their career goals
- Create a positive team culture promoting transparency, ownership and collaboration
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading a high performing team with a focus on service delivery to a broad range of global, diverse customers across different levels and time / geographic regions.
- Technical business intelligence experience (data management, reporting / BI technologies, including Tableau, Alteryx, Qlik View, Power BI, strong SQL skills) is recommended
- Experience with Python or similar scripting language is an advantage
- Experience with Data Mining and basic statistics concepts is an advantage
- Financial or professional services industry experience (insurance, wholesale banking, retail banking) will be a distinct advantage
- Experience of delivering through Agile Scrum and Kanban
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good interpersonal skills, self-starter with the ability to work independently and think creatively.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience with metrics and performance measurements
- Flexible within the role and displays a willingness to get involved in appropriate tasks as requested from time to time
- Degree in IT or Science 3rd level qualification with high analytical content (such as mathematics / statistics / computer science / data analytics) would be desirable
- Post-graduate qualifications (in related disciplines) would be advantageous
What you can expect from us
- Remuneration and attractive range of benefits geared to attract the very best
- Great career opportunities both in Ireland and globally.
- Newly revamped city centre offices
- Opportunity to work with talented, motivated colleagues that will support your career growth
- Sport & Social club
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference the job title in the subject.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognize respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success.
All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.