Accounts/Claims Administrative Assistant
Role level 9
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
What is the Aon Colleague Experience?
Being a part of Aon means making a difference – every moment, every day – across the globe.
- It’s knowing that your work makes a difference – for our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
- It’s working every day with the best – people who are knowledgeable, passionate, conscientious, and innovative.
- It’s understanding that you own your potential – to develop your skills, grow your career, and expand your reach across businesses and geographies
- It’s being valued for who are you are and what you bring to the firm – appreciation and recognition for your contributions, tools and resources to let you do your best work every day, a comprehensive total rewards package, and the encouragement to be your authentic self at work.
- Aon Shannon is currently looking to recruit an accounts/claims administrative assistant to provide administrative support to the claims function and provide excellent client service. Reporting to a Senior Claims Administrator.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications (in particular Excel) Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is essential to perform this role
- Team player and the ability to work on own initiative
- Able to work under pressure and proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritise workload and deliver on objectives
- Have a strong customer focus and a keen eye for detail
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task a variety of assignments;
Expectations & Tasks:
- Maintenance of up to date excel spreadsheets for monthly reporting.
- Ability to work on large volumes of data and extract the relevant information.
- Timely preparation and delivery of client cession statements.
- Assist with preparation of payments based on client requests.
- Assist with quarterly claims booking of all claims transactions generated within the period;
- Assist with processing of data for annual actuarial studies;
- Assist with preparing individual loss notice updates to facultative and treaty reinsurers;
- Prepare outward treaty reserves report for bad debt evaluation;
- Prepare invoices for reinsurance recoveries, monitor collection spreadsheet and maintain current recovery tracking record at all times;
- Collection of claims information affecting payment obligations, or reserves;
- Interfacing with underwriters, accountants, independent claim experts, actuaries, finance and accounting personnel, TPA’s, captive managers/other client representatives and insurance/reinsurance representatives in the discharge of claims;
- Track payments between various treaties;
- Add client information to systems, maintain and update client records;
- Maintain physical and electronic records, archiving and storing records in accordance with retention schedules as required;
- Perform due diligence checks, obtain AML on new clients and ensure compliance requirements are maintained;
- Assisting with audit requests;
- Ad-hoc projects and duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or insurance is preferable
- 2 years previous administrative experience in a fast-paced office environment, preferably in the insurance or financial services industries.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SicsNT, RAMIS and be familiar with Access.
What you can expect from us:
- Mid West location with competitive remuneration and attractive range of benefits geared to attract the very best
- Career development opportunities both in Ireland and globally
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of talented, motivated colleagues who will support you to own your potential
- Key focus on employee wellbeing in order to achieve optimal health and performance for our colleagues and organisation
- We continually invest in our people, developing colleagues through a range of Learning and Development opportunities including access to our tech-enabled Learning platform ‘Aon University’
We’re happy to talk flexible working. Aon Ireland offer and promote flexible working arrangements where possible.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference the job title in the subject.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success.
All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.