Accountant ( 1 year FTC)
Role level 7
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
What is the Aon Colleague Experience?
Being a part of Aon means making a difference – every moment, every day – across the globe.
- It’s knowing that your work makes a difference – for our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
- It’s working every day with the best – people who are knowledgeable, passionate, conscientious, and innovative.
- It’s understanding that you own your potential – to develop your skills, grow your career, and expand your reach across businesses and geographies
- It’s being valued for who are you are and what you bring to the firm – appreciation and recognition for your contributions, tools and resources to let you do your best work every day, a comprehensive total rewards package, and the encouragement to be your authentic self at work.
This dynamic and diverse role includes:
- The production of monthly & quarterly management accounts, annual statutory accounts for captive insurance companies, together with all ancillary reports to tight reporting deadlines
- Developing & maintaining strong internal & external relationships and understanding the client context for the portfolio you work on
- The proper maintenance of financial records
- Communication and liaison with clients, auditors, financial institutions and other team members to ensure the highest degree of client satisfaction
- Processing insurance information including claims and premium
- Preparation of various insurance reports and reconciliations
- Preparation of VAT and Insurance related returns
- Various daily and monthly administration duties
- Supporting group wide projects where the need arises
- Inter office travel may be required for client meetings and participation in collaboration projects
- You are a qualified accounting professional or part qualified working towards qualification, with previous experience in the preparation of financial statements and management accounts
- Ideally, but not essentially, you have insurance industry experience
- You are fluent in English with excellent communication skills (foreign language skills an advantage)
- You can work to tight reporting deadlines and using your own initiative
- You high degree of computer literacy and skills including an extensive working knowledge of Excel
- You have a track record of delivering business results with excellence and a willingness to travel internationally
What you can expect from us:
- Great location with competitive remuneration and attractive range of benefits geared to attract the very best
- Career development opportunities both in Ireland and globally
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of talented, motivated colleagues who will support you to own your potential
- Key focus on employee wellbeing in order to achieve optimal health and performance for our colleagues and organisation
- We continually invest in our people, developing colleagues through a range of Learning and Development opportunities including access to our tech-enabled Learning platform ‘Aon University’
We’re happy to talk flexible working. Aon Ireland offer and promote flexible working arrangements where possible.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com . Please reference the job title in the subject.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success.
All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.