Role level 7
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
What is the Aon Colleague Experience?
Being a part of Aon means making a difference – every moment, every day – across the globe.
- It’s knowing that your work makes a difference – for our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
- It’s working every day with the best – people who are knowledgeable, passionate, conscientious, and innovative.
- It’s understanding that you own your potential – to develop your skills, grow your career, and expand your reach across businesses and geographies
- It’s being valued for who are you are and what you bring to the firm – appreciation and recognition for your contributions, tools and resources to let you do your best work every day, a comprehensive total rewards package, and the encouragement to be your authentic self at work.
Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
About the Role:
We have an opportunity for an energetic and ambitious individual with a “can do attitude” and a passion for change, to join our operations team. This will be both a challenging and fulfilling opportunity with the potential to develop your range of skills significantly and a chance to be part of an exciting transformation journey. The operations team is a solutions driven team, and works with our colleagues across the business to assess issues, design solutions and execute on plans, with an agenda to;
- Drive operational excellence
- Deliver project management excellence,
- Execute on organisational strategy and;
- Work with the business to constantly improve our Colleague and Customer experience.
As a member of the operations team and you will work to support the design and delivery of process change, introduction of new systems functionality, improved performance reporting. You will also provide analytical support to our Divisional Managers.
- Support the business with analysis of business issues, reengineering of processes as well as other areas of improvement, using tools and techniques such as Lean Six Sigma.
- Analysis documentation of “As Is” processes, propose improvements and work with the business on the “To Be”
- Working with various business leads develop procedures manuals and user best practice guides
- Provide analysis and data modelling support including preparation of management information reports to identify variance from expected outcomes/results.
- Working with the wider operations team as well as the business, draft detailed business requirements gathering and documentation
- Project manage new scheme design and launch on our online platform
- Provide analytical support to a number of business unit leads and/or Executives including our CBO and Claims Director
- Provide project management support for on-boarding of large customers onto existing platforms
- Support the business with analysis and reporting on risk controls effectiveness
Required skills and expertise
- 2yrs + experience
- 3rd level qualification, business analysis qualification would be a plus
- Energetic and enthusiastic with an appetite to learn and develop your carrier
- Significant attention to detail with excellent written and communication skills
- Intermediate/Advance excel and powerpoint skills. Exposure to other data modelling tools would be an advantage
- Passionate about change and strives for perfection
What you can expect from us:
- City Centre location with competitive remuneration and attractive range of benefits geared to attract the very best
- Career development opportunities both in Ireland and globally
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of talented, motivated colleagues who will support you to own your potential
- Key focus on employee wellbeing in order to achieve optimal health and performance for our colleagues and organisation
- We continually invest in our people, developing colleagues through a range of Learning and Development opportunities including access to our tech-enabled Learning platform ‘Aon University’
We’re happy to talk flexible working. Aon Ireland offer and promote flexible working arrangements where possible.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference the job title in the subject.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success.
All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.