Role level 6
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
What is the Aon Colleague Experience?
Being a part of Aon means making a difference – every moment, every day – across the globe.
- It’s knowing that your work makes a difference – for our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
- It’s working every day with the best – people who are knowledgeable, passionate, conscientious, and innovative.
- It’s understanding that you own your potential – to develop your skills, grow your career, and expand your reach across businesses and geographies
- It’s being valued for who are you are and what you bring to the firm – appreciation and recognition for your contributions, tools and resources to let you do your best work every day, a comprehensive total rewards package, and the encouragement to be your authentic self at work.
Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
About the Role:
Aon Ireland is currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic Compliance Analyst to join its busy Compliance team within its Dublin City Centre office. The main purpose of this role will be to work with the Compliance team to meet group and regulatory requirements across multiple Aon entities in Ireland. This role is particularly suited to someone that is looking to join a Compliance function, enjoys a challenge, can work well on their own initiative and have very good attention to detail.
- Responsibility for ensuring Aon meets on-going requirements as part of Central Bank of Ireland authorisation
- Managing Fitness & Probity Requirements
- Work alongside HR on matters relating to CPD and other professional requirements and employees
- Co-ordinate and carry out Codes of Business Monitoring and compile reports on same
- AML/Anti-corruption procedures including client screening
- Liaise with Aon Market Securities Committee
- Conduct on-going file reviews and provide feedback to Management, together with suggestions/recommendations for improvement.
- Provide compliance updates for quarterly board meetings.
- Complaints handling (both verbal and in writing) and maintain complaints register.
- Responsibility for managing approvals in line with Aon Financial crime policies.
- Maintain and monitor database re: Aon Client Entertainment and Gift policy.
- Compile and review procedures manuals with the various business units.
- Data Protection requirements
- Provide advice to the business on regulatory and compliance issues
- Act as Secretary to Quality Review Committee
- Provide administrative support to Compliance Function
- Experience in a Compliance/Operations function desirable
- Holds or is currently working towards a recognised Compliance qualification - ACOI etc
- Insurance industry knowledge required
- Previous exposure to the Consumer Protection Code, Minimum Competency Code required
- Experience in a Financial Services
- Highly professional with a good understanding of financial services
- Ability to work with discretion under pressure and prioritise workload
- A team player with demonstrated ability to work on own initiative
- The ability to communicate confidently at all levels in the Business
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence people
- Proficient in Microsoft applications principally Word, Powerpoint and Excel
What you can expect from us:
- City Centre location with competitive remuneration and attractive range of benefits geared to attract the very best
- Career development opportunities both in Ireland and globally
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of talented, motivated colleagues who will support you to own your potential
- Key focus on employee wellbeing in order to achieve optimal health and performance for our colleagues and organisation
- We continually invest in our people, developing colleagues through a range of Learning and Development opportunities including access to our tech-enabled Learning platform ‘Aon University’
We’re happy to talk flexible working. Aon Ireland offer and promote flexible working arrangements where possible.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference the job title in the subject.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success.
All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.