Insurance Portfolio Business Advocate
Aon Carrier Link
Role level 7
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
What is the Aon Colleague Experience?
Being a part of Aon means making a difference – every moment, every day – across the globe.
- It’s knowing that your work makes a difference – for our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
- It’s working every day with the best – people who are knowledgeable, passionate, conscientious, and innovative.
- It’s understanding that you own your potential – to develop your skills, grow your career, and expand your reach across businesses and geographies
- It’s being valued for who are you are and what you bring to the firm – appreciation and recognition for your contributions, tools and resources to let you do your best work every day, a comprehensive total rewards package, and the encouragement to be your authentic self at work.
The role sits within our Aon Carrier Link operation based in Dublin, working with our Global Broking team across the Globe.
Working mainly in our MGA business to support the day to day requirements of our carrier partners and the Aon retail networks globally across our digital solutions including, but not limited to
- Underwriting in accordance with pre-agreed permissions: rating structures on behalf of partner carriers,
- Monitoring adherence to underwriting permissions as per the pre-agreed permissions
- Assisting with the deployment of new products on online tools for network to access
- Underwriting performance management/portfolio review of facilities underwritten
- Handle manual special acceptances or referrals falling outside of underwriting permissions
Also working as part of the team on the overall strategy to Digitalise Aon’s Global Broking Strategy.
There will be an expectation that the successful candidate will be in a position to deliver Distinctive Client Value; provide timely response to requests while independently delivering outstanding work product. The successful candidate should be able to take accountability for their own development; build own skills and share new ideas; and look for new ways to serve clients. The successful candidate must act with integrity and work every day in a way that positively impacts our clients, colleagues and communities.
The successful candidate must be able to deliver consistent, positive operational results with the best balance of investment and efficiency; understand basic business and financial concepts and their impact on our business; acquire and use knowledge of relevant technology and processes and be able to follow established processes.
The successful candidate will be involved in external client and carrier facing activities.
- Both lead and contribute to insurance programme design, suggesting alternative solutions to the client/ client service teams where appropriate
- Place business in accordance with the broking strategy and broking procedures
- Takes ownership of insurer / placement related issues
- Monitoring the quality of submissions and intervenes where appropriate to improve them to help achieve superior broking results
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key insurers
- Proactively managing relationships with Aon units providing broking services
- Working with colleagues and leaders of the insurer teams to resolve performance issues and to continuously improve client service
- Supporting the objectives contained in the business plans with insurers including the monitoring of insurer selection and intervenes where appropriate
- Works to resolve contentious placing issues/disputes with insurers
- Disseminates other information relating to the insurance market in a timely and effective manner
- Manages the expectations of the business in terms of market conditions
- Leads by example by ensuring own activity complies with regulatory requirements and business procedures
Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
- 2+ years previous knowledge and work experience in the insurance sector
- Knowledge or work experience in Client /Carrier Relationship Management.
- Demonstrated project management capabilities.
Qualifications/ Skills & Competencies:
- Minimum CIP qualification with progress towards ACII desirable.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills allied with a very pro-active nature.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to focus on key priorities
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel and PowerPoint.
- Compliance with Minimum Competency Requirements as set out by the Central Bank of Ireland including but not limited to Fitness and Probity requirements.
What you can expect from us:
- City Centre location with competitive remuneration and attractive range of benefits geared to attract the very best
- Career development opportunities both in Ireland and globally
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of talented, motivated colleagues who will support you to own your potential
- Key focus on employee wellbeing in order to achieve optimal health and performance for our colleagues and organisation
- We continually invest in our people, developing colleagues through a range of Learning and Development opportunities including access to our tech-enabled Learning platform ‘Aon University’
We’re happy to talk flexible working. Aon Ireland offer and promote flexible working arrangements where possible.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com . Please reference the job title in the subject.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success.
All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.