Accounts Payable Assistant
(Remote Working- Temporarily)
Role level 8
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
What is the Aon Colleague Experience?
Being a part of Aon means making a difference – every moment, every day – across the globe.
- It’s knowing that your work makes a difference – for our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
- It’s working every day with the best – people who are knowledgeable, passionate, conscientious, and innovative.
- It’s understanding that you own your potential – to develop your skills, grow your career, and expand your reach across businesses and geographies
- It’s being valued for who are you are and what you bring to the firm – appreciation and recognition for your contributions, tools and resources to let you do your best work every day, a comprehensive total rewards package, and the encouragement to be your authentic self at work.
Aon Risk Solutions is currently looking for an enthusiastic Account Payable Assistant to join their busy Insurance Accounting Division. Reporting to the Accounts Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for producing weekly & monthly payments to Insurance Companies as well as handling other administration duties.
- Team player and the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent organisational, administration and communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritise workload and deliver on objectives
- Have a strong customer focus and a keen eye for detail
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications (in particular Excel) Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is essential to perform this role
Expectations & Tasks:
Preparing and processing a high volume of work files and settling to insurance companies
• Working with vendors to reconcile accounts
• Daily Banking
• Posting and allocating all payments received.
• Processing Cheques/EFT payments.
• Posting Journals
• Maintaining Ireland Accounts mail box.
• Completing Client Set Up
• Daily Receipt Run
• Monthly Statement Run
• Daily & Monthly Cash Receipt Reconciliation.
• Monthly Reports
• Providing responsive support to all employees and vendors
• Interacting with clients and brokers regarding queries, policies and procedures
• Maintaining files for current year and archiving prior year files
• Willingness to take other duties that may arise and are deemed appropriate
- A minimum of 3 years+ accounting background through work experience in a fast paced office environment
Qualifications/ Skills & Competencies:
- Relevant professional qualification such as Accounting Technicians and/or desire in working towards ACC
What you can expect from us:
- City Centre location with competitive remuneration and attractive range of benefits geared to attract the very best
- Remote working facilities/support during the current office closure
- Career development opportunities both in Ireland and globally
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of talented, motivated colleagues who will support you to own your potential
- Key focus on employee wellbeing in order to achieve optimal health and performance for our colleagues and organisation
- We continually invest in our people, developing colleagues through a range of Learning and Development opportunities including access to our tech-enabled Learning platform ‘Aon University’
We’re happy to talk flexible working. Aon Ireland offer and promote flexible working arrangements where possible.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference the job title in the subject.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success.
All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.