Aon Is Looking For a Health and Benefits Actuarial Analyst
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Health Analytics, in Philadelphia, PA. As a Health and Benefits Actuarial Analyst, you will report directly to the Assistant Vice President.
Your Impact As A Health and Benefits Actuarial Analyst
As a Health and Benefits Actuarial Analyst, you will provide actuarial and group consulting support for mid to large corporate accounts with a focus on analytics to assist the Health Strategies Consultants in servicing existing clients and prospects.
Self-funded Health Plan Support:
- Underwriting analysis based on clients’ plan history project expected costs of the plan;
- Communication with vendors to obtain data and understand changes in experience trends;
- Incurred but Not Reported (IBNR) reserving;
- Employee contribution scenarios to help clients achieve target subsidies;
- Stop loss analysis to recommend specific attachment points; and
- Monitoring experience through monthly/quarterly reporting.
Fully Insured Group Insurance Renewals & Financial Reports:
- Conduct underwriting analysis based on clients’ plan history and change in risk to negotiate the best insurance rates possible on their behalf;
- Flexible benefit pricing;
- Assist consultants with negotiating renewal ratings; and
- Preparing quarterly experience reviews, letters.
- Includes both post retirement and post-employment benefits programs;
- Conduct accounting disclosures, claims analyses, costings, projections, and periodic experience updates as required to assist in the financial management of clients’ insurance plans; and
- Maintaining a variety of Excel-based group benefit actuarial tools.
- Perform market reviews and benchmarks to meet the evolving business needs of our clients;
- Preparing financial exhibits,
- Analyzing quotations and preparing specifications for seeking quotations; and
- Arranging and writing the client report summarizing quotation results.
- Reviewing group insurance contracts, agreements, and employee booklets;
- Peer review and validation work done by junior health and benefits analysts;
- Assist in analytic projects such as pooling risk simulations and drugs utilization reviews;
- Promoting good public relations by developing strong working relationships with clients and insurance company representatives;
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of group systems, products and technology, while having a thorough understanding of how these relate to group insurance consulting; and
- Occasional travel required to client locations.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience; relevant experience in a consulting/insurance environment working in group underwriting and group benefits departments preferred;
- A superior ability in mathematics and financial analysis, and demonstrated computer skills using financial spreadsheet programs;
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral;
- Must be a highly motivated, client service and team oriented individual;
- Ability to multi-task on several projects simultaneously in an environment with concurrent deadlines subject to change, as well as regular interruptions;
- Strong technical skills across Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Must have Advanced Excel proficiency;
- Applicants who do not have the industry experience, but have the required education and skills will also be considered; and
- Local travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or related discipline; and
- Commitment to professional development. Completion of at least 3 SOA exams, and working towards completion of ASA designation
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.