Aon Is Looking For A Broker
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Construction Services Group [CSG] within Aon Reed Stenhouse in Winnipeg, MB. As a Broker, you will report directly to the Manager of CSG.
As an example of Winnipeg life, click here
Your Impact As A Broker
- Manage the clients’ daily bonding needs, including receipt and review of bond requests, facilitate required information exchange between clients and underwriters to secure timely approvals;
- Manage all administrative service functions including bond issuance, modifications, renewals and cancellations, invoicing, collections, file and database management, and other related activities for assigned clients;
- Providing assistance to Accounts Executives on as needed basis;
- Maintain effective ongoing oral and written communication with account executives, clients, and underwriters to ensure a high level of customer service;
- Perform job duties at a high degree of accuracy with attention to detail;
- Work with the team in developing best practices pertaining to file and database management of client information and documentation on an ongoing basis;
- Represent Aon at industry functions in an effort to foster relationships with clients, prospects and underwriters;
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with the underwriting community for the ultimate benefit of the client;
- Maintaining a strong knowledge of surety market conditions on a macro level as well as a micro level (i.e. specific understanding of each surety market appetites);
- Provide creative input in developing and delivering surety and industry related presentations/seminars to clients and prospect audiences independently or in partnership with Account Executives;
- Provide creative input in the development of marketing strategies;
- Identifying specific client risk exposure and developing and presenting innovative solutions in support of existing/new business growth;
- Assist in brokering surety programs for new prospects including compilation of submissions, matching surety to client, financial analysis, capacity analysis, character analysis and development of brokering strategies (training will be provided);
- Plan ahead and problem solve - anticipate, report, and help resolve problems that occur;
- Leading by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practice; and
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Accounting experience or fundamental knowledge required;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written;
- Client focused and proven relationship building skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure;
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.
- One (1) or more years of experience working in a professional accounting environment would be beneficial;
- Fundamental understanding of construction projects (commercial is preferred or residential) would be an asset;
- Prior experience working in a Surety environment a plus, but not required.
- Accounting background is must to have
- Recent Graduates can also apply, those interested in pursuing career as a Broker in the Insurance Industry.
- General Insurance Level one (1) License preferred, or a willingness to obtain;
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including courses and certifications (i.e. Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) / Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA))
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.