Aon is looking for an Actuarial Associate Director
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Reinsurance Solutions, in Toronto, Ontario. As an Associate Director, you will report directly to the Director of North American Sales.
PathWise Solutions Group (PSG) is wholly owned Aon and provides life insurance companies with an enterprise high performance computing solution, and consulting services.. PSG’s platform, called PathWise™, provides companies with the ability to easily model financial products without complex and involved coding and runs on Graphical Processing Units (GPU), making it the fastest and most flexible software platform currently in use in the life insurance industry today.
Your impact as an Actuarial Associate Director
- Working with clients to understand their life insurance products such as VA (variable annuities) and FIA (fixed indexed annuities) modeling and reporting requirements and processes, and working with PSG software engineering, IT operations, and actuarial and quantitative modeling teams to propose, estimate, and deliver services to clients.
- Responsible for providing project management oversight including tracking issues, schedules and deliverables for complex customer delivery projects involving multiple customers with multiple departments.
- Promotes client success by addressing issues, ensuring dependencies and risks are identified, ensuring client and internal approvals processes, and environment controls are followed properly and in a timely manner and changes to projects, products, systems and operations are managed.
- Works closely with senior management and executive sponsor to ensure clear understanding of program delivery objectives and any constraints that may exist for successful delivery of products and services.
- Lead the marketing activities in North American, prepare demonstrations to potential clients and response to Request for Proposal by coordinating with different teams.
- Present at industry and client conferences
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 5+ years of experience working in the Life Insurance industry in pricing, hedging or valuation areas with a solid knowledge of derivatives and LDI strategies for life insurance companies
- Actuarial consulting experience
- Sales experience
- Solid knowledge of US valuation and accounting standards for life insurance products with embedded financial guarantees
- Solid knowledge of economic and risk neutral scenarios generators
- Familiar with stochastic-on-stochastic simulations for life Insurance products with embedded financial guarantees, in terms modeling residual hedging risk, and measuring capital
- Travel is required for this role, up to 25%
- Statistical knowledge and programing experience a plus
- Strong communications skills to support client and team interactions
- Familiarity with Monte Carlo Simulations
- Knowledge of general insurance products for liability modeling purposes
- Participate in demonstrations to potential clients
- Participate in industry, academic and internal research projects
- Develop and deliver presentations on emerging issues pertaining to the Insurance and Financial Services Industry
- Attend and present at industry and client conferences
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics or other quantitative degrees
- FSA/ASA designation or equivalent is a plus
- Post graduate degree would be an asset
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.