Aon is looking for a Casualty Broker II for the Umbrella / Excess Liability Department in Chicago, IL. As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions to address their casualty risks.
- Be a key member of the client facing team, acting as a trusted advisor to the executive level in designing, broking, and servicing complex accounts.
- Work with Fortune 1000 companies and manage the insurance marketing activities of their umbrella/excess liability insurance program. This includes:
- developing a renewal strategy plan,
- creating submissions,
- identifying appropriate insurers,
- soliciting quotes,
- negotiating favorable terms/conditions,
- evaluating program structures, and
- creating/presenting renewal proposals to effectively communicate the marketing results to clients.
- Evaluate insurance programs and identify/negotiate amendments/improvements to address the client's complex risk/capital management needs
- Articulate the coverage differences amongst options.
- Build a detailed understanding of offerings/solutions available in order to better respond to clients’ needs.
- Build positive working relationships with carrier partners
- Understand the causes of errors & omissions and adopt practices to avoid/reduce such exposure
- Provide innovation and lead projects within the National Casualty Practice
- Serve as a mentor to other brokers regarding the client benefits of casualty solutions.
- Travel will be required
- Minimum 5+ years in commercial casualty insurance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Property & Casualty Broker’s License required.
- Bachelor’s degree
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.