Aon is looking for an Associate Director
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Reinsurance, in Toronto, Ontario.
Your impact as an Associate Director
- Play a key role in developing and implementing innovative hedging and asset management strategies in PathWise to effectively manage complex exposures that combine Actuarial, Financial, and Capital Market risks.
- Leverage financial engineering, capital markets, and product knowledge to support the development of innovative volatility constrained products and risk reduction strategies in PathWise.
- Develop, maintain, and document sophisticated financial asset and liability models in PathWise to support various investment management and risk management projects.
- Participates in quantitative research projects that support investment decision processes, utilizing quantitative skills, such as time series regressions, optimization, Monte Carlo simulation, and data visualization techniques.
- Develop and maintain Economic Scenario Generators used in the valuation of financial assets and insurance liabilities.
- Further the development of robust processes for hedging, strategic asset allocation, scenario generator calibration and insurance company financial reporting.
- Provide analytical support to portfolio managers, traders, and risk managers on the risk, return and transaction cost/market impact of investment portfolios and strategies.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- 8+ years of experience as a quantitative analyst in an investment management/risk management/hedging/model vetting role
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline (Financial Engineering, Mathematical Finance), PhD a plus
- Expert knowledge of financial assets including derivatives and their valuation models
- Expert knowledge of stochastic interest rate and equity models
- Knowledge of statistics, finance and economics
- Strong numerical technique skills in PDE, optimization, time series analysis and Monte-Carlo simulation
- Strong programming skills in Python, C++ and MATLAB
- Strong communication skills for heavy team and client interactions
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Experience working with financial software packages such as Numerix, FinCAD a plus
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.