The Aon Human Capital Solutions practice is looking for a Broad-Based Compensation Partner in our Employee Rewards business.
As a member of our team of ~800 colleagues in our Human Capital Solutions practice, you will work on compensation projects with fast growing clients in technology, life sciences, retail and other industries to help empower results by delivering innovative and effective solutions.
Locations: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia,
San Francisco and Washington, DC
As a Partner, you will be responsible for building relationships with client senior business leaders to generate revenue and lead a team in the delivery of high-quality client solutions on multiple client engagements.
You will also play an important role in overseeing the development of the technical/consulting skills of our team members, especially in the areas of job architecture and career leveling frameworks, cash compensation programs and equity compensation strategy.
- Lead complex client scoping conversations with other consulting practice leaders or account leaders across Aon’s various solution lines
- Provide leadership or mentoring to project managers, consultants and analysts
- Offer input on staffing needs to meet business demands and guide the recruitment and on-boarding of new team members
- Participate in setting strategy, annual budgets and staffing plans as a member of our regional leadership team
- Share broad-based compensation subject matter expertise on technical issues, business development techniques, and/or project management skills with colleagues
- Lead and create business development strategies for companies in various stages of lifecycle
- Identify current and future needs among our client base to pursue new or expanded work
- Leverage personal/professional relationships to generate business and revenue
- Manage the development of proposals and sales efforts
- Serve as an expert public speaker at industry and Aon-sponsored events
- Lead design, modification and implementation of client solutions
- Manage complex, large scale projects
- Develop innovative client solutions, including new plan design or implementation approaches
- Promote brand awareness by writing articles and leading research initiatives related to various compensation or industry-specific topics
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
We look for individuals who are responsive, agile, work fast, and over-deliver – all while having fun and maintaining a sense of humor.
- Strong track record of business development and selling in a compensation consulting practice
- Prior experience generating and delivering revenue of a minimum of $1.5MM as an individual revenue contribution.
- Must have expert knowledge of consulting within broad-based compensation strategy, design, and implementation issues, including rewards strategy, base pay, short- and long-term incentives and career architecture
- Technical expertise in the following: compensation/total rewards strategy including global rewards; job content analysis, job evaluation, and job leveling/slotting; compensation structure design; short-term incentive design; pay policies and governance; business case development, implementation planning and change management
- Demonstrated ability to understand and analyze complex business problems to identify root cause issues and potential solutions
- Advanced consultative skills, including relationship building, process definition and meeting facilitation
- Advanced project management skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent undergraduate degree is required.
- Master’s degree or MBA is highly desired.
- Minimum of 10-15 plus years of relevant work experience
- Recent broad-based compensation consulting experience is required
- Ability to travel and work at client locations (up to 50%) is required
We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
About Rewards Solutions:
At Aon, we're forging a new path forward in rewards ― one designed around an all-out focus on helping clients build thriving workforces for the digital age. We offer data, analytics and advice across all areas of compensation and rewards including: Employee Rewards, Executive Compensation, Sales Compensation, Private Market Practices, Corporate Governance, Equity Services. Our products include benchmarking surveys, as well as pay equity and workforce planning tools.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global provider of risk management, insurance brokerage and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for Clients in over 120 countries via innovative risk and people solutions. For further information on our capabilities and to learn how we empower results for Clients, please visit: http://aon.mediaroom.com.
United States: Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Tanya A. Burks, CPC, CDR | U.S. Executive Search Leader
200 East Randolph | Chicago, IL 60601