NLP Research Senior Scientist
NLP Research Senior Scientist
The NLP Research Scientist at Aon IP Solutions will work with the research group to gain an understanding of the worldwide domain of intellectual property with a focus on patents. The candidate will use any techniques at their disposal to solve targeted business problems and help provide visibility into the value, risk, and opportunity of IP within different market segments.
This position will work closely with experienced Patent Attorneys and Analysts to develop a deep understanding of the IP landscape and problems faced in real world scenarios.
Your impact as a NLP Research Senior Scientist
- Comprehensive analysis of the IP Asset Stack
- Providing valuable information regarding companies, inventors and emerging technologies using a suite of patent, litigation and statistical analysis programs
- Making informed recommendations to senior analysts, legal counsel, and senior management on a regular basis
- Providing regular reports and communications to others within the firm regarding findings and project status.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Masters degree in a scientific field such as computer science, applied statistics, or computational linguistics
- 3+ years of experience in machine learning techniques for text classification
- 3+ years of experience using NLP techniques such as topic modeling, part of speech tagging, document similarity, and named entity recognition
- Deep understanding of one or more of the common NLP library’s (NLTK, spaCy, etc.)
- PhD or equivalent in a scientific field such as computer science, applied statistics, or computational linguistics
- Experience creating similarity metrics for text documents or document classification techniques
- Published papers in the field of text classification
- Experience implementing novel active learning techniques
- Experience with PyTorch, Keras, and TensorFlow
- Understanding of different word embedding techniques
- Experience creating convolutional and recurrent neural networks
- Experience using unsupervised clustering techniques for text documents
- Bias for action and results
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.