Aon is looking for an Associate Broker - Intellectual Property
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Intellectual Property Solutions in Chicago IL.
Your impact as an Associate Broker
- Market new and renewal business, handling all aspects of the placements from initial market selection through policy delivery to client.
- Ensure that placements are handled correctly and on time
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of intellectual property risk transfer solutions
- Develop productive business relationships with key insurance underwriters and Aon local office teams
- Identify and analyze prospect and client IP exposures.
- Coordinate activities with other internal units as required to meet customer needs.
- Present to local account executives, participate in drafting scopes of work (SOWs), client meetings and conference calls.
- Be a key member of the client facing team, acting as a trusted advisor to the executive level client in broking, designing, selling and servicing complex accounts.
- Represent the leadership and management of IP Solutions in a way that mirrors the adopted mission, core values, and culture of IP Solutions.
- Help drive IP Solutions to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow, and business goals and objectives.
- Assist in providing timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Represent attributes of stewardship, humility, integrity, trust
- Instill a can-do and collaborative culture that connects across teams and Aon
- Be a role model who develops others by providing timely feedback and coaching
- Ensure delivery of timely, innovative, accurate, and best in class solutions
- Educate network with thought leadership that shares best practices
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, exceptional organizational skills, ability to make and communicate difficult decisions.
- 1-3 years of experience preferred, but will consider motivated recent college graduates
- Effective working knowledge of carrier underwriting practices & processes.
- Proven leadership skills in working with teams and ability to work with clients
- Proven presentation and communication skills.
- Proven organization and ability to work with others.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various levels.
- Track record of successfully operating in a fast-paced driven environment that requires the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must maintain appropriate broker’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.