Aon are currently recruiting a New Business Executive to join our team in Cardiff. The New Business Executive will be primarily responsible for managing the acquisition of new clients whilst maintaining a high quality service and providing solutions to meet individual demands and needs.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
The Affinity team helps associations, target client groups and organisations reach their objectives by creating insurance and risk management solutions for their members, associates, franchisees, affiliates or staff.
Affinity is divided into three business areas:
- Affinity Practices Group (APG)
- Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SME)
- Professional Services Group (PSG)
The Affinity team, made up of just over 300 colleagues based in London, Chelmsford and Cardiff.
About the Role
Your impact as a New Business Executive:
- Provide comprehensive and accurate solutions to new HNW clients’ general insurance requirements and SME commercial insurance requirements.
- Maintain and develop knowledge of products and procedures by regularly reading reference material and product literature thereby keeping up to date with changes and the legislation affecting them.
- Ensure that all business is serviced in accordance with regulatory guidelines by ensuring that internal/external regulations are adhered to in order that a high quality service is provided and audit requirements are met.
- Identify additional new business opportunities and forward opportunities
- Continually consider the principle of ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ (TCF) by considering fairness in all aspects of the sales processes, customer literature & correspondence, financial promotions, administration and complaint handling.
- Adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls by adhering to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Proven sales and negotiation and analytical skills
- Effective communicator
- Team player
- Flexible and receptive to change
- Able to work on own whilst understanding impact of role within team
- Customer aware and evidence of achieving targets
- Organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work accurately as volumes of work increase.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the range of insurance products, terms and conditions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of general and commercial insurance
- Appropriate systems knowledge and keyboard skills
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application