Aon is looking for a Salesforce Systems Administrator
The Salesforce Administrator will work as part of the team dedicated to ensuring that we are maximizing efficiency and capitalizing on the full features and benefits of the system based on the various user group needs. We are seeking someone with excellent technical and communication skills who can interface directly with internal stakeholders to understand their needs in order to administer and enhance the system accordingly. This person will serve as the "go to" for users, promote adoption, keep current on new releases and AppExchange solutions, provide training, and more. Additionally, the Administrator will perform basic updates, such as add/delete users, and adding basic custom fields.
Your impact as a Salesforce Systems Administrator
Create and Manage Changes to the System -
- Proactively seek out and identify needed system changes.
- Proactively gather feedback from users.
- Manage system changes without interruption to the user.
- Communicate system changes to the users in advance so they understand the change and how to use it prior to implementation.
- Gather requirements from end users.
- Modify the system to increase benefits and usability.
- Manage the change control process and “Change Management” Committee if appropriate.
- Manage all processes that impact / relate to Salesforce.com.
- Manage new releases of SFDC and efficiently roll out new features.
- Create and maintain fields, views, reports, dashboards, campaigns and other salesforce.com objects and functions.
- Create custom objects when necessary.
- Handle on‐going customization/ alteration of Salesforce.com.
- Maintain, enhance and create workflows, functions and configurations within the Salesforce.com environment.
- Create new reporting capabilities and respond to ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
- Provide support functions as needed.
- Provide sales and financial data to company executives.
Maintain System, Security and Integrity -
- Map salesforce.com hierarchy and territories in response to personnel changes.
- Reassign Accounts, Contacts, and Opportunities in response to personnel changes.
- Grant/ remove and maintain user licenses.
- Maintain security including sharing rules and security levels.
- Design, Create and maintain user roles, profiles and hierarchies.
- Monitor application storage usage and archive data as needed.
User Assistance, Training, Adoption and Satisfaction -
- Create and administer training to existing or new users/groups.
- Provide one to one training to end users on an on‐going basis.
- Expand use of Salesforce.com – attend planning meetings, assist with determining if /how salesforce.com can be used in new ways as opposed to purchasing a new internal system.
- Assist sales management to create processes in salesforce.com to help monitor activities, trends, sales and leads.
- Communicate regularly with user base regarding new features, enhancements and changes to the system.
- Monitor usage and mentor users/groups needing assistance.
- Continually seek ways to further enhance the end‐user experience.
- Be the company SME on Salesforce.com.
Process Creation, Documentation and Maintenance -
- Document company processes and workflows.
- Develop process documentation and field maps.
- Create new processes and associated reporting.
Data Quality, Migration and Maintenance -
- Assist with migration from older systems/processes into Salesforce.com.
- Monitor neglected Leads, Opportunities, Accounts, and Contacts as appropriate.
- Import data as appropriate.
- Monitor and manage exception logs for back end system integration with SFDC.
- Manage duplicate records.
- Monitor and improve data quality.
- Ensure data integrity by merging duplicate Leads, Contacts, and Accounts; performing mass uploads and updates of data as required; Removing unnecessary fields and data; ensuring screens, fields and workflow have accurate names and reflect current workflow.
Report and Dashboard Creation and Maintenance -
- Create and maintain dashboards.
- Create and maintain reports including folder maintenance.
- Develop complex, macro driven reports to summarize system information for Senior Management.
- Build and manage report folders for reps to improve sales efficiency.
A system administrator needs a solid understanding of the organization’s business. They must have solid salesforce.com skills and ideally, understand the general concepts of Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Most importantly they should be proactive, organized and logical.
- 3 to 5 years of Salesforce administration experience
- In‐depth knowledge of the standard capabilities of SFDC and have successfully expanded on those capabilities through the use of custom code (Apex, s‐controls) and/or integration with external systems
- Strong reporting background using standard reporting tools including standard salesforce.com reporting functionality
- Previous re‐engineering experience updating an existing Salesforce.com configuration to provide solutions for reporting, workflows and enhanced functions
- com Administrator certification is required
- Detail oriented and self‐starter with strong written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Proven ability to utilize Salesforce.com as a sales analysis tool
- Minimum expectation of a Bachelors degree OR equivalent education/experience
- Team player with positive “Can‐do” attitude
- Great communication skills with enthusiastic personality
- Computer literate and proficient in standard office applications Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong problem solving skills, data and software applications
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.2462011