2019-31364 - Consultant, Security Testing - London, Manchester, Madrid, Zurich
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates with previous experience in Penetration Testing that are looking to consolidate and grow their career.
You will be part of a team that provides a challenging and exciting work environment that pairs a healthy combination of autonomy and senior level support, together with a significant investment in your learning and professional development.
Our international Security Testing team specializes in application and infrastructure security, red teaming and source code review, publishes books and security blogs, contributes to open source software projects, and are engaged in a variety of continuous security research projects. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys performing deep technical work in a fun and casual atmosphere.
In the United Kingdom, our Security Testing services are delivered through our subsidiary Gotham Digital Science Limited which is member of the UK industry body CREST as well as a member of the UK Government CHECK scheme, allowing us to provide security assurance services to Her Majesty's Government and UK Critical National Infrastructure on systems processing protectively marked information. We also an accredited CBEST penetration testing provider, allowing us to provide intelligence-led penetration testing as part of the Bank of England CBEST scheme. Additionally, we are a Certifying Company under the UK Government Cyber Essentials scheme, allowing us to assess and certify organisations to the Cyber Essentials standard.
About the role
As a Consultant, you can expect to get involved in:
- Application penetration testing and application source code review.
- Secure Development Lifecycle consultancy and advisory.
- Vulnerability and penetration assessments on Internet exposed and internal systems.
- Applying and developing appropriate exploits to gain access and expand access to remote systems.
- Documenting technical issues identified during security assessments.
- Interfacing with clients when working on engagements on-site.
- Mentoring junior colleagues.
- Instructor-led and self-guided training activities, including you working towards attaining company funded security certifications.
The following qualifications are expected from potential applicants:
- Demonstrable experience in application and/or infrastructure penetration testing above and beyond running automated tools.
- A good understanding of Unix, Windows and network security.
- Development and/or source code review experience in one or more of these languages: C/C++, C#, VB.NET, ASP, PHP, Python or Java.
- Excellent written and communication skills in English.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Passion for technology and a drive for self-learning, paired with good customer facing skills.
- Currently resident within the European Union, or not requiring work permit sponsorship.
The following items are not required but would be considered a differentiator:
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), CREST Registered Tester (CRT) or CREST Certified Tester (CCT) Certifications.
- Experience working as part of an enterprise development team.
- Experience developing custom scripts or tools used for vulnerability scanning and identification.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related subject.
- Fluency in an additional Western European language, other than English.
About Cyber Solutions
Aon's Cyber Solutions offers holistic cyber risk management, unsurpassed investigative skills, and proprietary technologies to help clients uncover and quantify cyber risks, protect critical assets, and recover from cyber incidents.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.