Aon is looking for Consultants in our Intellectual Property Solutions group!
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Intellectual Property Solutions group. This position is available in the following offices:
New York, NY
This role falls under Aon’s early career development program, known as Launch. Building on the development colleagues receive in the role they are hired into; the Launch program is a supplemental development program for recent college recruits.
Your impact as a Consultant
Our consultants use C.S., E.E., math, and data expertise to clearly explain technology to attorneys, judges, juries, and companies. This is a perfect opportunity for candidates with an abiding love of technology, excellent communications skills, and a desire to experience something beyond what’s available in a typical programming job.
Consultants work in teams to analyze the world’s software, source code, firmware, chips, and robotics in connection with high-profile legal matters. Consultants write code on a daily basis, whether in pursuit of understanding technology in a litigation or to develop new products and tools for our practice. And, we even testify in court.
Our team consists primarily of computer scientists, software engineers, and hardware engineers, with math and physics majors balancing our mix. We value a genuine work-life balance and offer excellent compensation and stability. Our ideal candidate balances subject matter expertise, initiative, accuracy, self-motivation, organization, and articulate & precise communications. Intellectual curiosity, creativity, honesty, and professionalism are critical traits for success in this role.
- Bachelors, Masters and/or Ph.D. from:
- Computer Science department
- or software-friendly Electrical Engineering program
- or computer-oriented mathematics program
- Deep experience with some or all of the following is preferred: C/C++, Python, Java, Assembly, and/or Linux/Unix.
- Additional pluses include SQL/Databases, Django, functional languages, Microsoft languages/frameworks, enterprise software experience, understanding of advanced math and algorithms, and experience in computer or electronics design or reverse-engineering, and/or RF or other wireless communication technologies, or equivalent experience.
- Impeccable standards of honesty and accuracy; high degree of self-motivation.
- Highly articulate and precise English speaking and writing skills
- Genuine work-life balance
- Consistent, deep exposure to a variety of technologies
- Excellent opportunity to become a testifying expert witness
- Stable team with meritocratic and intellectual culture.