Aon is looking for a Associate Partner, Equity Services for the Rewards Solutions team.
Rewards Solutions, a unit of Aon’s Talent, Rewards & Performance practice, is looking for an Associate Partner to support our growing Equity Solutions organization. The ideal candidate for this role is someone with strong attention to detail, great problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, extreme professionalism and a great sense of humor.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing multiple client engagements, building relationships with senior business leaders to generate revenue, and leading a team of associates and consultants in the delivery of high-quality client solutions. You will also play an important role in developing the technical/consulting skills of our team members, especially in the areas of equity plan design, equity plan implementation and compensation governance. We will consider candidates from any location but do have a preference for San Francisco, Denver, New York, Philadelphia, or Chicago.
- Provide leadership, day-to-day direction, technical training and professional coaching to a team of associates, consultants and senior consultants
- Offer input on staffing needs to meet business demands and guide the recruitment and on-boarding of new team members
- Participate in setting strategy, annual budgets and staffing plans as a member of our regional leadership team
- Share subject matter expertise on technical issues, business development techniques, and/or project management skills with colleagues
Contribution to Sales
- Participate in creating business development strategies
- Identify current and future needs among our client base to pursue new or expanded work
- Lead the development of proposals and sales efforts
- Contribute to the development of innovative client solutions, including new plan design or implementation approaches across multiple client engagements
- Promote brand awareness by writing articles and presenting at industry events highlighting the equity compensation expertise of Aon’s team
- Expert knowledge of equity compensation strategy, design, and implementation issues, including the valuation and accounting under ASC Topic 718 or IFRS 2, taxation and other technical components of employee equity
- Strong familiarity with corporate governance policies and trends around long-term incentive plans, especially those related to SEC disclosure, ISS and Glass Lewis
- Demonstrated ability to understand and analyze business problems to identify root cause issues and potential solutions
- Advanced consultative skills, including relationship building, process definition, and meeting facilitation
- Advanced ability to present client solutions and facilitate discussions with executive or senior level contacts
- Advanced project management skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience
- Recent compensation consulting experience is required
- The ability to travel and work at client locations and industry events (up to 30%) is required
- A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a related field
- A master’s degree, MBA or advanced certification (such as the Certified Equity Professional designation) is not required, but preferred
What makes Rewards Solutions unique?
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.