Aon Is Looking For a Senior Investment Consultant (Toronto)
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Investment Consulting business group within Aon Hewitt, in our Toronto, Ontario Office.
As a Senior Investment Consultant, you will report directly to the Local Practice Leader, you will be responsible for delivery of investment consulting material and advice to institutional clients. You will participate in marketing activities intended to develop new investment consulting relationships. You will support a variety of investment consulting projects including designing, coordinating, preparing and delivering analytical consulting assessments. You will be part of our dynamic, results-driven team, which brings experience as strategic consultants and across all asset classes.
Your Impact as a Senior Investment Consultant
Investment Consulting Services:
- Providing consulting support services and technical support on a range of Investment clients and accounts; including pension and benefit plans (DB and DC), insurance funds, trust and endowment funds, and other special purpose funds;
- Anticipating client issues, needs or concerns and proactively developing solutions to meet those needs in partnership with the Account Executive/lead Consultants; and
- Continually reviewing client accounts and relationships and recommending ways to enhance the value Aon Hewitt brings to the client based on a deep understanding of the client's business and insight into industry and investment trends.
Collaboration & Innovation:
- Contributing to raising the profile of Aon Hewitt;
- Contributing to the formulation of the marketing strategy for the Investment Consulting Practice;
- Assisting in preparing and presenting effective oral presentations to clients or prospects, as part of a team or individually; and
- Identifying gaps between client needs and existing Aon Hewitt’s services; proposing and developing service enhancements, adding to Aon Hewitt’s product/service portfolio and intellectual capital.
Contributing to Aon’s Talent Management Agenda:
- Working with other professional advisers, both internally and externally (i.e., record keepers, investment managers, etc.) on institutional investment funds across Canada; and
- Providing guidance, mentoring and support to more junior Investment Consulting colleagues as they serve their clients, ensuring high standards of service.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in financial / investment consulting environment;
- Thorough understanding of the institutional investment industry and investment industry acumen and processes. Ideally gained from direct experience in a manager research, fund management, investment consulting or in a plan sponsor role;
- A strong understanding of investment concepts and the financial markets;
- Knowledge of the Canadian pension fund market;
- Demonstrated client relationship management skills; ability to support a block of business;
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor. Demonstrate strong client facing skills with the ability to clearly articulate ideas and information and to respond promptly and effectively to all inquiries;
- Manage an extensive portfolio of diverse Institutional clients, including interaction with C-suite level personnel and investment committees in these client groups
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical decision making, and problem solving skill in developing solutions for complex clients/business issues;
- Embraces entrepreneurial and creative spirit in work through recognizing and capitalizing on opportunities to help with growth and expansion of the organization;
- Detail and results-orientated; able to work independently on a variety of projects, able to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced; high pressure environment and meet project deadlines;
- Strong technical expertise and the proven ability to remain current with respect to investment industry trends, activity in the market, provincial and federal legislative policies and changes;
- Must be persuasive, forward-thinking, progressive, energetic, and disciplined; ;
- Strong analytical skills; accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Experienced with PC’s and Microsoft Office suite of business applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Some travel required to service clients;
- A team player who can work with a variety of individuals;
- Collaboration within a matrix environment;
- Must have a positive attitude combined with a desire to contribute to the success of Aon.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Finance or Commerce or related discipline, or equivalent years of industry experience; and
Commitment to professional development. Completion of MBA or CFA is preferred
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.