Aon is looking for a Survey Services Consultant to join our team in San Jose, CA. In this role, you will be part of small entrepreneurial team focused on helping our fastest-growing technology and life sciences clients manage their participation in compensation surveys and conduct initial benchmarking projects. Most often, you’ll work with clients using our family of Radford Survey products, but experience with other Aon survey products or external survey vendors is a plus.
This is dynamic role that will include a mix of leading client projects with minimal direction, serving as a team member on larger, more complex client engagements, and joining proposal teams to support selling efforts spanning multiple product and/or service lines. Strong candidates will be able to share stories of their experience delivering billable client work, project managing client engagements, building and nurturing strong client relationships and working with compensation survey products and data.
About Rewards Solutions at Aon
The Rewards Solutions practice at Aon empowers business leaders to reimagine their approach to rewards in the digital age through a powerful mix of data, analytics and advisory capabilities. Our colleagues support clients across a full spectrum of needs, including compensation benchmarking, pay and workforce modeling, and expert insights on rewards strategy and plan design. To learn more, visit rewards.aon.com.
Your impact as a Survey Services Consultant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a lead client advisor on all issues related to compensation survey participation, including job evaluation and position matching, data collection and consolidation, audits and validation
- Develop expert knowledge in conducting job evaluation and position matching projects from start to finish, advising (and presenting to) senior managers on the practical use of survey processes, and data for organizational improvement
- Conduct webinar and onsite client training sessions
- Be a team player and provide sound advice to other consultants and project managers
- Research and analyze competitive compensation practices in a defined labor market
- Analyze and interpret data and prepares summary reports
- Assist in business development and proposal writing activities
- Maintains and updates compensation and financial databases
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 4+ years of work experience, ideally in a Human Resources or Compensation role
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, loosely-structured and deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; must be able to identify problems and solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong research, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong computer skills, including: Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel spreadsheets, word processing, PowerPoint, e-mail and internet tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.