This role will be working in our Digital Customer Experience group, partnered with a UI Design Lead, a UX Research Lead, and other key team members acting as a lead collaborator in defining, designing, and deploying innovative digital products and services across our full suite of business solutions. Applicants should have 10+ years design experience, with demonstrated work as a project or team lead, specifically in the areas of product and platform design (service design a plus) working within an Agile business environment and should have a strong portfolio demonstrating their process and outcomes for this type of work.
The UX Design Lead will be a key team leader, operating both centrally in the design team (defining global design directions, systems, and patterns) and also contributing in to 1+ larger team pods focused on building solutions in different business areas. This individual will be responsible for co-managing the end-to-end design process in concert with product owners, scrum masters, project managers, researchers, architects, engineers, analysts, and other designers. Prior experience leading at a project and/or team level and communicating with senior leadership and business stakeholders is required. This role reports to the VP of UX and Design.
- Transforming big fuzzy problems and ambiguous challenges into clear and concise design strategies
- Transforming complex systems and business processes into simple and intuitive experiences
- Working collaboratively to frame, research and analyze business and customer problems with the confidence to persuasively present and educate stakeholders on your findings
- Solving problems across web, service, and software product design spaces
- Planning and facilitating design strategy and ideation workshops
- Passion for learning about people and their motivations and behavior
- Proven experience in enterprise-scale web, software product, and service design projects
- The capacity to digest large amounts of data, distill key information, and present complex ideas clearly
- The ability to translate findings from research into actionable insights to build a product that delights users
- An open mind and are curious, considerate, positive yet assertive, and focused on strategic outcomes
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Be working in a lean design environment, spending as much time co-designing ideas on walls with markers and Post-Its as you will be pushing pixels, building and testing prototypes, and assisting our engineering teams in product launches
- Be both an individual contributor and a team mentor
- Have deep expertise in Sketch and responsive, modular, and scalable design system creation and management
- Have deep working knowledge in a variety of contemporary prototyping tools. e.g. Flinto, Principle, Framer, Invision, etc.
- Be adept at visualizing data and working with engineers to collaboratively build solutions
- Report into the Customer Experience leadership team (vs Marketing, IT, Product, etc.)
- 10+ years of professional experience in your discipline, or a graduate degree and 6+ years of professional experience
- Portfolio of case studies that demonstrate your methodology, design deliverables, and show measurable business value
- Examples of work grounded in insights, applicable to real-world business problems
- Mastery of user-centered design principles and practices and mastery UI design
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening)
- Excellent organization skills with proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and to adjust to frequent changes in project priorities
- Basic understanding of artificial intelligence and conversational UIs
- Insurance industry experience
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.2465497