Aon is looking for a Business Continuity Consultant
Aon Global Risk Consulting is searching for an experienced Business Continuity Professional to join its team as a consultant. This person will be an integral part of our consulting practice assisting in the design and delivery of BCM services to our clients domestically and internationally.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of knowledge and understanding of key Business Continuity Management (BCM) methodologies, strategies, and tactics.
The person will be able to demonstrate an ability to work in a dynamic team environment and support the delivery of BCM services across a variety of industries and geographies.
We are looking for an active team member who can assist on engagements in collaboration with more senior level BCM colleagues.
Key to this person’s responsibilities will be to effectively support the delivery of services to ensure the clients’ expectations are met and meaningful outputs achieved.
Participate as a Team Member on all facets of BCM consulting, including:
- Fostering credibility with clients and colleagues; being recognized as an effective problem solver.
- Delivering quality BCM consulting services to clients and consistently meeting expectations for timeliness and accuracy of work product.
- As appropriate, establishing and maintaining solid relationships with internal Aon and Aon Global Risk Consulting leadership and individual decision makers for client accounts. Using Aon resources wisely and in a cost-effect manner. Working with AGRC’s Business Continuity Management (BCM) Consulting resources.
- Maintaining adherence to Engagement scope of work parameters and consulting hours allocated.
- Providing input into Engagement Proposals for BCM Services.
- Providing input into developing reasonable and actionable Project Plans for BCM Engagements.
- Completing BCM program evaluations, identifying gaps and crafting recommendations to strengthen the overall program.
- Developing and delivering strategic and tactical plans for:
- emergency response / life safety programming,
- crisis management & crisis communications,
- information technology disaster recovery (as related to business unit continuity), and
- business unit / operations continuity
- Support the development and design of BCM exercises and training activities for clients including guidance on their roles during response and recovery activities.
- Developing policies and procedures for long-term maintenance (including exercising) of BCM strategies, plans, & programming based on acknowledged best practices and standards.
- 5+ years of progressively challenging emergency response, crisis management, business continuity and/or disaster recovery planning experience across several industries and geographies.
- Strong understanding of NFPA 1600 and best practices of DRII with general understanding of ISO 22301.
- Conversant in leading BCM-oriented software packages and Emergency Notification Systems tools.
- Advanced user – Microsoft Office Suite (including strong understanding of MS Visio).
- Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities.
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex data and processes, identify gaps and clearly report on recommended resolutions.
- Excellent relationship building / collaboration skills across several audiences (internal & external).
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Ability to author custom reports that clearly communicate findings and methodologies with minimal management supervision.
Willingness to travel up to two weeks out of the month, with variations throughout the year. - domestic and international. Valid and active Passport Required. Successful candidate should be ideally located within a reasonably commutable distance of a major US airport
- BA or BS Degree. Post Graduate degree a plus.
- Business Continuity certification – DRII / BCI a must (or in the process of obtaining)
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.