Aon is looking for an Associate Partner, Sales Force Effectiveness in San Francisco, CA.
As an SFE Associate Partner, you will be responsible for managing multiple client engagements, building relationships with client senior business leaders to generate revenue, and leading a team of associates and consultants in the delivery of high-quality sales effectiveness solutions. You will also play an important role in developing the technical/consulting skills of our team members. The role is responsible for solving complex business problems, develops commercially leverageable intellectual content, builds and maintains relationships with Fortune 1000 senior executives and converts project leads into profitable billings for the practice.
The SFE Associate Partner has five main responsibilities that are also associated with measurable metrics:
- Accountability for creating and executing a business strategy to penetrate the local and regional market and introduce new clients to the firm to meet annual revenue goals.
- Bill between $650,000 and $800,000 per fiscal year (1040 – 1144 hours depending on billing rate)
- Sell at least $1.0 million in consulting engagements
- Build a team of SFE consultants that demonstrate the ability to master Aon’s consulting competencies, tools and methodologies, provide solutions to client needs and deliver financial return to the practice and the firm. In addition to supporting the identification of such talent, the Associate Partner works to assess, coach, develop, and promote these resources to a state of self-sufficiency.
- Develop a market platform with sizable opportunity and repeatable revenues. This market may be geographic, industry-focused or offer-specific. Ability to develop lead origination is essential.
- Lead Sales Effectiveness and Rewards engagements develop leveraged teams that work together effectively
- Build the SFE brand at Aon through research, methodology development, publishing and/or speaking initiatives.
The SFE Associate Partner should demonstrate the highest levels of the five core consulting competencies included in Aon’s SFE hiring and performance management criteria. These include:
- Technical Expertise – The SFE Associate Partner should demonstrate mastery of sales force effectiveness concepts and analytical techniques, have developed new tools/techniques and demonstrated technical leadership in enhancing the entire practice’s capability.
- Business Acumen – The SFE Associate Partner should demonstrate deep understanding of client business models across multiple industries, life cycle phases and geographies. This should be demonstrated through insightful probing/questioning with clients and prospects, contextually appropriate work products/solutions and ground-breaking concepts in speeches and publications.
- Communication – The SFE Associate Partner should be clearly understood in all situations with internal and external resources. The Associate Partner should be able to listen comprehensively, deliver clear instructions, offer constructive feedback, convey complex concepts and move an audience with a compelling vision.
- Leadership – The SFE Associate Partner should be a role model for internal and external resources by identifying opportunities, marshalling resources, building plans, removing obstacles and championing worthy causes regardless of whether direct authority is bestowed.
- Relationship Development – The SFE Associate Partner should accumulate favorable business relationships among past and present clients, senior and junior resources and formal and informal alliances. These relationships should yield financial return on investment. The SFE Associate Partner should also recognize opportunities to expand business and work through appropriate channels to do so.
Education and Experience
The successful SFE Associate Partner will have a Bachelors degree (MBA preferred) and a minimum of 10 years of work experience. Experience as a sales professional is preferred, but is not required. At least 8 years of experience in consulting is required. The Associate Partner will have a demonstrated track record of client sales and successful complex engagements. Other essential requirements include:
- Strong client relationship management skills;
- Strong analytical skills; the ability to synthesize data and develop insights and solve problems;
- Ability to work independently as well as working collaboratively to introduce new value-added services internally and to clients;
- Keen business acumen and proven ability to align clients’ business strategies and SFE rewards/talent programs;
- Ability to influence senior management and work across all levels of an organization; and
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.