Aon is Looking for a Resident Sales Leader – Greater DC
Aon Corporation is a leading global provider of human capital consulting, risk management solutions, reinsurance and data analytics. Working, as a united team, Aon colleagues offer innovative and effective solutions to a wide variety of clients as they confront complex risk and people challenges. Our distinctive global model encourages collaboration and enables excellence as we draw on world class local, national and global resources to solve client problems.
The Role of a Resident Sales Leader – Greater DC
The Resident Sales Leader will be based in Washington DC and will be a key member of the market leadership team. You will work with an experienced, motivated team of leaders, representing human capital and risk management capabilities. Working collaboratively with this team you will develop a growth plan and drive its execution and success. The Resident Sales Leader will report directly to the Resident Managing Director and will lead a team of sales professionals. As with all leaders in the Washington, DC office, the Resident Sales Leader will serve as a player/coach, accountable for driving profitable growth and modeling our values.
Key Responsibilities and Scope:
- Drive growth: Work with Risk and Human Capital Leaders to create and execute strategies for new business acquisition and revenue growth in the District, Maryland and Virginia.
- Work with the Managing Director and the leadership team to build the strength of Aon’s brand in the local market through strategic sponsorships, events and innovative programming;
- Assess, motivate and develop a team of producers to achieve sales goals and to support both new client acquisition as well as client penetration opportunities; In partnership with other local leaders, coach and develop Account executives and Consultants to become more effective growth professionals;
- Maintain an accurate, detailed pipeline of new business development for confident revenue forecasting and beneficial sales metric analysis; Accurately forecast new business metrics on a monthly and quarterly basis;
- Drive accountability and consistency: with the support of the Resident Managing Director and other leaders, the Resident Sales Leader will create structures, reports and protocols to manage performance, reward success and identify issues for resolution;
- Constantly seek to understand new Aon offerings and their applicability to local clients and prospects. Take the lead to educate Producers, Account Executives, Consultants and Broking Leaders on new products and capabilities and thought leadership with training on the segment or client applicability and recommended dialoguing with clients and prospects; Suggest innovations based on market experience and assist leaders in understanding market dynamics and investment opportunities.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Knowledge of the Washington, Virginia and Maryland business environment; connection to decision makers; leadership in local business and non-profit organizations
- Minimum 10 years of Sales Leadership and Marketing Experience in related field
- Solid collaboration skills enabling candidate to work in partnership with other leaders, build relationships and successfully lead global new business teams in pursuit of target prospects
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills; demonstrated ability to have constructive, courageous conversations about performance with peers and direct reports
- Exceptional oral presentation skills and ability to clearly articulate complex messages in written form
- Track record of personally initiating and closing complex sales
- Consistent achievement of assigned territorial or practice business goals
- Active involvement in the development and maintenance of a productive, healthy growth culture
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Property & Casualty and Life and Health licenses preferred
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.