Aon is looking for an Account Executive
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Construction Services Group [CSG] within Aon Reed Stenhouse in Calgary, AB. As an Account Executive, you will report directly to the Senior Vice President & Manager, Construction Services.
Your impact as an Account Executive
- Delivering continuous excellence in servicing an existing book;
- Identifying specific client and prospect needs and developing innovative and cost effective solutions;
- Ensure all procedures, internal client files and correspondence are in compliance with Aon audit standards;
- Reviewing and revising insurance program in conjunction with the client to ensure complete and appropriate coverage;
- Coordinating / providing oversight to the account team and establish client service plans that prioritize the account activities and profitability in a value-based approach for the scope of services required;
- Coordinating / leading the strategy for the account renewal and the ongoing requirements during the year, working with the broking team in the marketing process and the negotiations with underwriters;
- Managing and overseeing the 120 day Renewal Process including preparing the renewal report, presenting to client for approval, obtaining the binding order, and reviewing policy documentation and delivering to client in a timely manner;
- Assisting in the reviewing of claims and managing the client issues around claims handling;
- Developing and managing the relationship to become the client’s risk management advisor;
- Cross-selling and expanding the existing insurance programs with our clients; developing and managing client relationships in order to increase penetration sales and cultivate new business opportunities;
- Producing new business and assisting in the development of sales and marketing strategy designed to cultivate revenue generation opportunities;
- Developing new contacts and build relationships with prospects that align with the Region’s/Branch’s acknowledged targeted industry or segment groups;
- Providing the leadership necessary for development and delivery of insurance and industry related presentations/seminars prospects and clients as required;
- Acting as the visible face of Aon to the clients/prospects in the community, working to consistently prospect and facilitating lead generation activities; and
- Participating in industry sponsored events and maximize opportunities to become involved with various industry committees;
- Leading by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practice; and
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum seven (7) to ten (10) years of commercial insurance experience required;
- Proven track record of managing and growing a book of business;
- Previous sales and business development experience required;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written;
- Client focused and proven relationship building skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure;
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite;
- Prior experience with commercial Construction insurance clients would be beneficial, but is not required.
- Post-Secondary degree or a combination of education and equivalent years of industry experience;
- General Insurance Level Two (2) License required;
- Completed Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) or Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation required;
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses and certifications (i.e. Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) / Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP)).
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.