Aon is looking for a Collection Specialist II
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our collections group within Aon Affinity, in Fort Wayne, IN.
MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLE
The Collection Specialist II is responsible for collection of past due accounts via phone, e-mail, written correspondence, as well as incoming calls to our toll-free number. Responsibilities also include reconciliation of policies and accounts and communication with both internal and external customers.
- Analyze and coordinate collection portfolio to meet collection and cancellation guidelines.
- Provide expertise by reviewing, researching, and resolving accounts to bring final resolution
- Analyze Business Units needs as well as coordinate and communicate respectively
- Continually seek to improve relationships with Business Units customers and to improve processes
- Recurrent reviews of portfolio performance with management and correspond with corporate accounting as necessary on bad-debt reserves.
- Anticipates workflow issues and volume increases/decreases and keeps management advised.
- 3 – 5 years of commercial collections experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to negotiate and administer exceptions for special payment plans for accounts in default.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team and to contribute to an enthusiastic, positive work unit
- Strong decision-making skills and initiative
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Working experience with the Microsoft office suites products (Word, Excel)
High school graduate, Associate degree preferred
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.